Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
give about 5 mins between coats...and then in a week take a microfiber and some detail spray and rub all the dip down nicely...my rear deck looks smooth as normal paint from doing that

·
Registered
720 Posts
dipyourcar.com recommends 30 between coats. I did it and it turned out marvelous. Even if a coat looks heavy in spots or a little smeared it'll basically fix itself once a half hour passes and you put another coat on it

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
If its really cold the cans. Then it will spray out bubbly. It still comes out the same though. I've been through it lol. Just gotta do the coats. Even though I didn't lol mine still came out perfect:p

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks good, yesterday was my first time as well. Did the wing, rear valance and decklid panel. But today it's snowing hope I can get a decent pic lol. And beautiful Mach 1 btw

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

One more question. It's snowing a little bit here today. Is it true that the plasti dip will hold up in snow, rain, high heats? Ect

·
Registered
364 Posts
Looks good, yesterday was my first time as well. Did the wing, rear valance and decklid panel. But today it's snowing hope I can get a decent pic lol. And beautiful Mach 1 btw

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

One more question. It's snowing a little bit here today. Is it true that the plasti dip will hold up in snow, rain, high heats? Ect
Thank you very much, and yes it holds up in all weather! If needed it is a sealant and a sound deadener for your car too(doors, roof, ect.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The rear valance and decklid panel came out awesome with only tiny little micro bubbles but the wing on the top half came out all bubbly ..any suggestion how to fix this? My dad is sanding down very little to get the bubbles out and then were gonna do 1 more coat? Think this will solve that problem

1 - 20 of 33 Posts