Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys.
Quick question for ya. I have an 06 gt with a Paxton. Been running great for 6 months. Recently started bucking around pretty bad under acceleration. No codes or lights. Idle is perfectly smooth. Bucks pretty regularly under 3k rpm. Occasionally over 3k. Cruising is fine. Just acceleration. I don’t see anything strange. I installed the blower and everything looks the same. I also am not finding any vacuum leaks. Used soapy water to look. Y’all got any suggestions?
Thanks

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Soapy water is excellent for finding pressure leaks, such as a leak in a tire.
For vacuum leaks, specifically automotive, you need to use something flammable, like starting fluid, or WD-40, something of that nature.
You need to spray it onto all of the joints that could be a source of the leak. While you are spraying, you need to listen closely for any change in the engine idle. If it changes while spraying a certain area, you have likely found a leak.
Be careful when doing this. It is flammable and can be ignited by an errant spark.

Often, bucking can be caused by a insufficient fuel supply, such as a clogged fuel filter, or a failing fuel pump, so that should be tested as part of the diagnosis.

I recommend driving the car very easy until you figure out what is wrong. Supercharged engines can be damaged very quickly if they are run without a adequate supply of fuel.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So all that checked out. Just to kinda give anyone searching an idea I have decided it must be my clutch slipping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts