Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I intend this thread to be a complete documentation of the building of a 2015 Shelby Super Snake clone (at least as close as I can come to it being a clone). The intention is to have a car as similar to my 2015 Shelby Super Snake as I can build. I plan on doing the entire build myself and then running this car both on road courses and drag strips.

I expect this to be a fairly long project in terms of time since there is a lot to do to the base car to convert it to a clone. Please be patient with me.

Attached is the list of parts. I'll be placing orders in the coming weeks or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. That looks like it's going to be a bit of work. Finding the right car for the right price is proving a bit elusive.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Yes keep us posted, that will be a sweet build. :thumb: I was looking at the Wide Body kit from Shelby for my 14, love the look of them every time I see one at a show!

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
I'm sure you covered this in your Other thread but what made you want to do this?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, it's covered in detail on the other thread. I can repeat. Basically I bought the SS to have fun, but also to keep the miles off it to a degree. After driving it I had so much fun that there is no way I'll keep the miles off it. And after seeing how capable it was, I really want to do some real road course and dragway racing. So...I figured why not build one for about $50k less and beat the snot out of that one :dance:

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I intend this thread to be a complete documentation of the building of a 2015 Shelby Super Snake clone (at least as close as I can come to it being a clone). The intention is to have a car as similar to my 2015 Shelby Super Snake as I can build. I plan on doing the entire build myself and then running this car both on road courses and drag strips.

I expect this to be a fairly long project in terms of time since there is a lot to do to the base car to convert it to a clone. Please be patient with me.

Attached is the list of parts. I'll be placing orders in the coming weeks or so.
I assume your SS wasn't built from a Base GT as you intend to use now. ??

·
Banned
275 Posts
I just threw up in my mouth. If your willing to spend that much on your car, why didn't you just buy a used 2014 gt500? It's cheaper and it's actually under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
555 Posts
Because how many dudes you know with an SS. I personally love your car and if you're passionate about this , I say go for it. You know what you want so trust your instinct . Besides , half the forum will tell you to buy a Camaro instead!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the GT here in KY is a no go?
Adventure till you drop.
It's an ex-rental vehicle with about 20k miles. They won't move on the price. If it was a single owner car I would jump at the $27,000 price. But, since it's a rental GT you know it probably has some hard miles on it even though the overall mileage is low. I want to pay about $22k. They keep balking. I'll let it sit and they can pay the floor plan on it for a month more and then I'll try again.

·
Banned
275 Posts
Because how many dudes you know with an SS. I personally love your car and if you're passionate about this , I say go for it. You know what you want so trust your instinct . Besides , half the forum will tell you to buy a Camaro instead!

How many dudes you know with a 60k fake ss? The answer is zero for a reason. And this dude isn't doing it either. He can't afford anything other than a used base gt. And that's totally ok. Been there done that. But come on...does anyone really think this will happen?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I assume your SS wasn't built from a Base GT as you intend to use now. ??
My SS is built from a 50th Anniversary Edition GT (all the bells and whistles and a numbered car). The clone is going to be a cheaper base car.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I just threw up in my mouth. If your willing to spend that much on your car, why didn't you just buy a used 2014 gt500? It's cheaper and it's actually under warranty.
Sorry I made you puke in your mouth.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
It's ok if u beat the snot out of it. That's what it's meant for. Why spend all that money for it to be a garage queen?!! Not sure if u intend on selling it in the far far far far far future and hoping to make a profit. I think you would enjoy it more of u kept it and passed it down to kids or grandkids then to limit u driving it and selling it to someone who's gonna beat the snot out of it. Pick up a gt throw a blower in it and beat the snot out of that if itl make u happy.

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
How many dudes you know with a 60k fake ss? The answer is zero for a reason. And this dude isn't doing it either. He can't afford anything other than a used base gt. And that's totally ok. Been there done that. But come on...does anyone really think this will happen?

Yeah it's going to happen. This guy isn't some troll who comes in here to get a rise out of people.

So you are opposed to a guy building a super snake clone that may cost 60k when the real deal cost God knows? But it's cool to buy a used vette for the same money. Hmm. Ok. You should read other threads before you make assumptions about people. This guy has already commissioned a SS built to his liking. Why wouldn't you use a base used GT WHEN YOU ARE REPLACING EVERYTHING that makes it a base with Shelby performance parts?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for supporting me everyone. But, let's keep this thread from going off the rails. I'm ok with people voicing their opinions if they disagree with what I'm doing. That's fine.

I do want to keep the thread on track so it'll be on the site as a resource to others wanting to do either some level of the work I'll be completing...or maybe go the entire way.

Let's let opinions be made and try to keep the overall thread on track. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Good luck sir.. Happy building. I will be curious to c how they will compare when all is done. I will volunteer to drive one or the other head to head with you to do that comparison😀👍🏻

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
It's ok if u beat the snot out of it. That's what it's meant for. Why spend all that money for it to be a garage queen?!! Not sure if u intend on selling it in the far far far far far future and hoping to make a profit. I think you would enjoy it more of u kept it and passed it down to kids or grandkids then to limit u driving it and selling it to someone who's gonna beat the snot out of it. Pick up a gt throw a blower in it and beat the snot out of that if itl make u happy.
It'll be a bit of a garage queen because I would probably cry if I crash the actual SS.

"Fun" with the SS is going to car shows, spinning it around in donuts, smoking the tires, maybe a few times at vintage roadway races, possibly a handful of runs at New England Dragway each summer....oh, and definitely a lot of cruises up and down the coast every weekend during the summer with my lovely wife.

But, after putting about 500 miles on the SS I just can't help but want to drive it like the horrendously powerful and capable hog that it is. And, one day that will likely put a big dent in it (or worse). And then I'll start crying. No one wants to see that. So, the SS will do the "fun" things listed in the prior paragraph . The car I'm building will be just as capable but cost a lot less than the SS. That one is going to be driven like the SS should be driven. And when I put a dent in it I won't cry.

1 - 20 of 388 Posts