Mustang Evolution Forum banner

341 - 360 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
It really does look great! Now hoping it returns to be the Bad A$$ to fit the look.:thumb: Living my dreams though your thread!:D

·
Registered
775 Posts
My 14 never got the attention the 11 got, both have red stripes, but there's something about red on black, a little extra pop !!

·
Registered
392 Posts
So they back pedaled and have decided to make things right for you? Did they admit something must of been off in the tune?

Sent from my LGL84VL using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
775 Posts
For what it's worth, & not to start an argument.....( have posted this on other sites as well )
Custom tuning should be done on the street, the tuner drives the car, the tuner datalogs the car, the tuner makes adjustments. After the tuner is happy with what he has, it goes on the dyno for grooming / proofing.
Not many shops take the time to do this, & I'm happy to say both of my cars were tuned this way..

·
Registered
392 Posts
Nope...just giving some respect and some time to figure things out.
I'm glad they're taking care of things. Can't wait to hear what they have to say about the grenade that went off in there.

Maybe they will send lots of pictures of the internal damage?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #350
And....I'm back.

Watson has the engine rebuilt and I'm trying to schedule time between the snow storms to go back out and run the car at Milan Dragway (Milan Dragway) They keep this dragstrip open year round due to the fact it's used by the auto manufacturers in the area constantly for testing.

So, nothing definitive to report just yet, but should have something within the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
332 Posts
And....I'm back.

Watson has the engine rebuilt and I'm trying to schedule time between the snow storms to go back out and run the car at Milan Dragway (Milan Dragway) They keep this dragstrip open year round due to the fact it's used by the auto manufacturers in the area constantly for testing.

So, nothing definitive to report just yet, but should have something within the next couple of weeks.
I can only really assume what occurred in those deleted posts, but I really hope everything turns out well!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Glad they got it fixed up for ya. Maybe you can video one of the runs.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #353 (Edited)
At long last...flying to Dearborn/Detroit Michigan March 20th to run the clone at Milan.

Wish me luck and say a prayer to the weather gods for dry pavement!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Praying for good weather, & a well prepped track surface..

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #356 (Edited)
Pics of the day at Watson Racing.

Can't figure out why one of them is upside down in the post but rightside up if you click on it.

So, got there and did a compression check and leakdown test. Compression on every cylinder was 154lbs. Leakdown tests were all around 10%. That looked great.

I went to Milan (40 minutes away). Got there and on the third run (all relatively low power), had a low oil light show up. That was the end of that. 2 hours track rental...all ended in 15 minutes. Hence the picture with the hood up (trying to be a bit funny and a little dramatic). Needless to say I was pretty upset. Watson came to pick me up with their enclosed trailer.

Back at Watson Racing you could see the abject disappointment on everyone's face when we were unloading the car from the trailer. Luckily we were all smiling about 10 minutes later when we found it was a broken sensor (still have no idea how it broke...but it was cracked on the inside and the oil was actually seeping past the electrical connection). Put a mechanical gauge on and started the car....60lbs oil pressue right on the nose.

Installed a new sensor and did a little Street Outlaws behind their shop for a while and had no other issues.

Did a final compression check and leak down test at the end of the day and got the same readings as the beginning. Plugs all looked perfect. Big sigh of relief.

Car arrives home tomorrow for further breaking in.

I'm the one in the middle of the first pic. Kim Mapes is to my right (the big guy). He built the engine and tunes all the Watson cars. Frank Naglich, to my left, is the sales guy. I spent a lot of time with Chuck Watson, but he wasn't around when I thought about taking that picture and I had a plane to catch.

Everything ended well and I will say that they really stepped up. I've only got good things to say about Watson Racing.

Oh ya.....that red Mustang body is a 2019 Cobra Jet in the middle of being built. They rolled it in front of my car temporarily and I couldn't help myself so I took the picture (sorry Chuck). You're not allowed to take pics of the inside of the shop due to the fact they often have competition cars belonging to others and they often have cars in development by Ford. If I was allowed to take pics, to the left of that image you would seen two banks of lifts and Cobra Jets in all sorts of stages of completion along with another section that is an enormous area dedicated to welding. My car was off to the side near the storage racks.

The last pic is a picture from last September (the first engine rebuild). I put it in to show how nice their building is. It is a really cool place.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,283 Posts
Sweet!
I'm glad that everything worked out in the end for you!
The summer of 2019 is coming up...
:thumb:

We never really got to see any good photos of the finished car before you blew up the engine like 10 minutes after you got it back last time :p:, so maybe, when you have the time, some photos would be much appreciated. I'm particularly interested in how the roll cage ties in with all of the interior components.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
First the Mercury Caliente that I've been working on to keep my mind off the Clone. Just have the bumpers to put on and then she's done. Ended up putting electric window regulators in which are really sweet. This car was a basket case, and now you could eat off of any part on the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
Pics

Attachments

341 - 360 of 388 Posts