Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 388 Posts

·
Banned
275 Posts
Yeah it's going to happen. This guy isn't some troll who comes in here to get a rise out of people.

So you are opposed to a guy building a super snake clone that may cost 60k when the real deal cost God knows? But it's cool to buy a used vette for the same money. Hmm. Ok. You should read other threads before you make assumptions about people. This guy has already commissioned a SS built to his liking. Why wouldn't you use a base used GT WHEN YOU ARE REPLACING EVERYTHING that makes it a base with Shelby performance parts?

Well let me put it into perspective for you. Thousands of people buy used vettes, so I would generally assume that's it's more than ok. But seriously...good try!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
555 Posts
He was mostly trying to call you out on making uneducated responses , but sure go with that. Again , I think you just missed the part where he actually also has a real SS. Hell, he can build a clone SS out of a pair of aluminum tongs and A 9volt battery if he wants to , as long as he posts pictures of his shelby every now and again I'll subscribe

·
Banned
275 Posts
He was mostly trying to call you out on making uneducated responses , but sure go with that. Again , I think you just missed the part where he actually also has a real SS. Hell, he can build a clone SS out of a pair of aluminum tongs and A 9volt battery if he wants to , as long as he posts pictures of his shelby every now and again I'll subscribe

Where in his post did you interpret that? Are you reading the same post I am?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Looking @ your clone parts list, you have a " used base Mustang GT ".
I don't see Recaro seats anyplace else on the list, oversight ?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Why don't you buy these and beat the snot out of them? He'll you'll even have a backup car. ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1459864377.781306.jpg

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Looking @ your clone parts list, you have a " used base Mustang GT ".
I don't see Recaro seats anyplace else on the list, oversight ?
Very good observation. My intitial thought was to leave the interior stock until I find out how much I slide around in the seats before I add the Recaro's. The 5pt harness will work with the stock seats (so I'll be snug while the shotgun rider will be sliding all over ;-) ) I probably should simply buy the Recaro's up front since the stock seats (front and back) get entirely removed to install the roll bar. So, once I have the interior out, I'll probably realize the errors of my ways and order the Recaro's.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Why don't you buy these and beat the snot out of them? He'll you'll even have a backup car. View attachment 199285
Independent rear suspension is the single biggest reason. In Vegas I drove a 2014 Shelby GT (a little less HP than the SS, but very similar in that the car is highly modified in the suspension area by Shelby). The solid axle car simply did not stay put in the corners like the independent suspension 2015 car. It was night and day on the road course in favor of the 2015...night and day.

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1459867078.818142.jpg

Hopefully a mod can come clean up all the garbage in here so this can be about the build. 👍🏻

·
Registered
140 Posts
Good luck with it. I am actually saving up the cash to send mine to shelby in vegas and get it done. Only about $25k more to go.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Looking forward to following this thread and excited to watch the transformation. I got my base 2015 GT with one owner for $27k so its possible...let me know if you need a contact "I know a guy" in Illinois...

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Good luck with it. I am actually saving up the cash to send mine to shelby in vegas and get it done. Only about $25k more to go.
You won't regret it. I'm not sure how cars like the SS are actually legal to drive on the road with all the power it has...but I'm glad the powers-that-be have never limited HP for registered vehicles. It goes like a raped ape and corners like a slot car...and sounds soooo good.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Very good observation. My intitial thought was to leave the interior stock until I find out how much I slide around in the seats before I add the Recaro's. The 5pt harness will work with the stock seats (so I'll be snug while the shotgun rider will be sliding all over ;-) ) I probably should simply buy the Recaro's up front since the stock seats (front and back) get entirely removed to install the roll bar. So, once I have the interior out, I'll probably realize the errors of my ways and order the Recaro's.
" 4pt Roll Bar "
" 5PT Harness "........Just seemed like Recaros would be the logical choice !!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
So much for white. Can't find a car that works (seems like there aren't enough white cars out there to fit what I'm looking for regarding price and mileage).

So, which of these do you like best?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
I say yellow since it's going to be a track beast. Black is okay but why not be loud. Hard to imagine you can't find a white one somewhere though

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I say yellow since it's going to be a track beast. Black is okay but why not be loud. Hard to imagine you can't find a white one somewhere though
I know. but the white ones are all $4 to$7 thousand more. And I can't find any white 2015 leftover (brand new) anywhere with 1,000 miles of me. I found a nice 2015 Black GT with leather Recaro seats leftover (brand new) for $30,000. I'm really leaning towards that one. It's in northern NY. I love that yellow one but my wife is fighting me on it. She wants the black with black stripe.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I wish I could afford to buy cars like you do haha buying my V6 was struggle enough for me, darn student loans.

21 - 40 of 388 Posts