Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 388 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
As a proud owner of a modded V6 I can only imagine how insane it would be to drive something even close to what you're building/have...

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
So how long before the wife falls in love with the black one and you have to buy a third Mustang??

:)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
So how long before the wife falls in love with the black one and you have to buy a third Mustang??
:)
hahaha...this is the second and last.

However, now the dealership "business manager" is trying to reneg on $500 of the deal I negotiated with the online sales guy. I hate car salesmen. I told him he was going to lose the deal over $500 on a car that they've had in inventory for 12 months and has 430 miles on it (so it's almost not a "new" leftover at this point with that many miles). He ended the call saying "I have to talk with the owner". Ok...talk with the owner Mr. Bait and Switch. Jerks. We'll see what happens now.

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Yeah don't back off. Screw that guy, walk off if he renegs and then wait for the call a few days later saying they "worked it out". Ugh...

·
Registered
218 Posts
Here is the chance to buy the Red One!!!!!

·
Registered
775 Posts
hahaha....I know I know. Either the yellow or the red would be more exciting. But I think I'm bound to black.
You already hinted that a red blower may be in your plan, along with red brakes, wouldn't take much to do red stripes !!

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Then drink some Red Stripe to celebrate!

Sent from my LG-D801 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
You already hinted that a red blower may be in your plan, along with red brakes, wouldn't take much to do red stripes !!
That looks real nice. But....she wants something subdued. Matter of fact she wants NO stripe...I had to tell her it's NOT a super snake without a stripe. So...black stripe on a black car. She's getting her way on this one....sigh.

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Happy wife=happy life. Or so I hear... :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
So...I now own a 2015 black GT premium with ebony interior and Recaro's for $33,500 (list price was $42,605 last year). That was a pretty ridiculous multi-week negotiation process. Did I say I hate car salesmen? Oh ya I did. But it's done. Car will be picked up by the transporter next week.

Haven't received the Shelby parts yet. Can't wait to see those pallets.

·
Registered
775 Posts
That looks real nice. But....she wants something subdued. Matter of fact she wants NO stripe...I had to tell her it's NOT a super snake without a stripe. So...black stripe on a black car. She's getting her way on this one....sigh.
While you wait on your car & parts, research how to care for matt black stripes !!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
While you wait on your car & parts, research how to care for matt black stripes !!
I've got a buddy that letters trucks for a business with vinyl lettering ;-) He's even able to make the Shelby Super Snake vinyl on the bottom of the front fender.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I've got a buddy that letters trucks for a business with vinyl lettering ;-) He's even able to make the Shelby Super Snake vinyl on the bottom of the front fender.
Your friend should be able to tell you everything there is to know about maintaining matt stripes..

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #77 (Edited)
Looking for shift light suggestions. I'd like something of decent looking quality (aluminum housing if possible). Would like to have launch RPM as well as shift RPM functions.

A lot look like they work, but there are complaints about the actual product looking a little cheap (ie/ wireless seems like a cool idea but review sucks http://www.summitracing.com/parts/pro-67006c ) . Also, idea of heads up display is a great idea but what about visibility during daylight hours (ie/ Mustang Shelby GT350 Gets Head-Up Shift indicator Lights – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog). Do any shift lights have audible alarms as well (obviously it'd have to be pretty friggin loud at a drag strip with a helmet on).

I've been searching and keep finding the same MSD unit that functions as advertised (which is important), but doesn't seem to have a high quality look to it. The Raptor model lights have some great reviews and some horrible reviews (which are correct?).

I'm looking for something really simple. Comes on at launch RPM, then comes on at shift RPM. Probably two different colors depending on the RPM. Simple. Would love to hear from folks who have shift lights that they love, that work, and that look decent.

Help please!

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
I've used single and dual stage shift lights since they were invented...yes....I'm old.
The one I would recommend is;

https://store.schnitzracing.com/schnitz-led-dual-stage-shift-light-with-autoshift-output/

Most of my life I've raced automatics so I've used the MSD 7AL-3 which allows you to pretty much do whatever you want....1st stage is burnout, 2nd is launch and third are shifting points....When I had my blown Model A I used a boost ******.
The heads-up light in the GT350R is a lot like the windshield light in my ATS-V and I would assume could be put into the clone....with a little work.
The other thing I was going to mention is that I always like the shift light and or tach off to my right and up high....I would very seldom watch the tach and the LED light was easy to see out of the corner of my eye when staging in the left lane....in the right lane I could see the tach and light clearly....it's a matter of preference.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
TU, but a question. That link goes to a schnitz light for a motorcycle install. I assume you knew that and it can be used on a car...but you know what they say about assuming, so I figured I'd ask the obvious question ---> it works on a car, right?

61 - 80 of 388 Posts