·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Just ordered two...one for each car.

·
Registered
176 Posts
How many dudes you know with a 60k fake ss? The answer is zero for a reason. And this dude isn't doing it either. He can't afford anything other than a used base gt. And that's totally ok. Been there done that. But come on...does anyone really think this will happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
Mods, please get rid of this troll. We don't need hateful or uneducated posters in this thread.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Mods, please get rid of this troll. We don't need hateful or uneducated posters in this thread.
Hold on...Let's not get anything going here. Everyone is allowed their opinion. Thank you for coming to the defense, but let's let opinions be made. This is a great thread so far and we've all been able to keep it fairly civil.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hold on...Let's not get anything going here. Everyone is allowed their opinion. Thank you for coming to the defense, but let's let opinions be made. This is a great thread so far and we've all been able to keep it fairly civil.
That's your call to make, as this is your thread. I just would hate to see some Troll derail your great thread here, by implying that you are a liar. Nonetheless, I'm subbed and looking forward to your end result.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Just jealous that you a Super Snake and soon will have a clone too. You're my hero! Onwards soldier!

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Have you received the car yet?
That has been one long process. I own the car, and the transporter (Image Auto Group of Las Vegas....awesome transporter that runs all over the country) is picking it up this week. Should have it early next week or maybe even this weekend.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Presuming you ordered your parts from Shelby, what color blower did you get ??

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looking for shift light suggestions. I'd like something of decent looking quality (aluminum housing if possible). Would like to have launch RPM as well as shift RPM functions.
Your car comes factory with Launch Control... May I ask why you're concerned about launch RPM and not just simply the 'shift' part of the light??

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
I've played around with the launch control. To be honest, there is a lot going on when pulling up to the tree. And, if the car in the other lane stages quickly it's hard to be playing around with the buttons on the steering wheel while being concerned that the tree lights are going to start cycling. It's a lot simpler when all you need to do is press the gas to bring up the RPMs until a light on the dash turns yellow.

As I get better at drag racing maybe I'll have more composure to set the launch control after staging, but for now it's just too much for me to do me on the strip.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
Clone arrived this weekend. The dealership ended up not cleaning the car. I bought it two weeks ago and they knew when the car was being picked up. They said they didn't have enough time to clean it. It has a ding on the driver's door and what appears to be a burn mark in the passenger seat. ********. The dealership was Sheehy Ford of Gaithersburg, MD. I wouldn't suggest doing business with them. However, I can't complain too much as I got the car cheap and probably so because of a few flaws.

I'm going to the local dealership to have them run diagnostics on it to make sure there are other problems before I dive into it and void all the warranties.

Quick question.....I tore around the neighborhood with it. I realize it's not a Shelby, but I expected more from it. I turned off all the traction control, etc and could only get about a 40 foot burn out. I expected to be able to burn the tires off the car since it has 435HP. I tried binging revs to 5000 and dumping the clutch all the way to slipping the clutch with it floored (slipping the clutch is worse for the car but gave me the longest stretch of tire marks ;-) ) I could get a slight spin shifting to second and was able to chirp 3rd.

Is that it for a stock 2015 mustang? BTW, I noticed virtually no tire hop so either I'm doing something right or doing something wrong.

Oh and last point. The crackheads at Sheehy made me give them the registration money because they said I wouldn't qualify for the Ford incentives if I didn't. Ford said that wasn't true. But they wouldn't budge so I paid them the money two weeks ago. I was hoping to go to the drags tonight but I have neither the temporary plate nor the registration. WTF.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
You have terrible luck getting 2 brand new cars with dents on them.

Sounds like the stealership stuck it to you on the wash and tags. Prob because they knew they were losing money on the deal. Like you said, oh well. I'd be pretty upset about the burn though. How's that even happen?

Man that poor car is looking sad with those wheels. I can't wait to see you start in on this thing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Clone arrived this weekend. The dealership ended up not cleaning the car. I bought it two weeks ago and they knew when the car was being picked up. They said they didn't have enough time to clean it. It has a ding on the driver's door and what appears to be a burn mark in the passenger seat. ********. The dealership was Sheehy Ford of Gaithersburg, MD. I wouldn't suggest doing business with them. However, I can't complain too much as I got the car cheap and probably so because of a few flaws.

I'm going to the local dealership to have them run diagnostics on it to make sure there are other problems before I dive into it and void all the warranties.

Quick question.....I tore around the neighborhood with it. I realize it's not a Shelby, but I expected more from it. I turned off all the traction control, etc and could only get about a 40 foot burn out. I expected to be able to burn the tires off the car since it has 435HP. I tried binging revs to 5000 and dumping the clutch all the way to slipping the clutch with it floored (slipping the clutch is worse for the car but gave me the longest stretch of tire marks ;-) ) I could get a slight spin shifting to second and was able to chirp 3rd.

Is that it for a stock 2015 mustang? BTW, I noticed virtually no tire hop so either I'm doing something right or doing something wrong.

Oh and last point. The crackheads at Sheehy made me give them the registration money because they said I wouldn't qualify for the Ford incentives if I didn't. Ford said that wasn't true. But they wouldn't budge so I paid them the money two weeks ago. I was hoping to go to the drags tonight but I have neither the temporary plate nor the registration. WTF.
For bone stock, that seems about right. Even though the car has 435hp, a stock setup can only utilize so much, for various reasons. You are going from a bat **** crazy SS to a neglected base GT... There has to be at least a remote level of mental biasness from what you are used to driving... I would go drive a V6 S550 for a bit, then hop in your GT again... and see what you think :thumb:.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
I just found out that the car has the 3:31 gears. That's why I can't burn up the tires.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #98 (Edited)
That explains a lot. Damn, that is literally as base as base gets...
Technically it's a GT Coupe Premium. It's got the large video screen and all the little levers for setting the drive modes, steering modes, etc, shaker 12 speaker audio, leather interior, Recaro option, voice activated navigation, reverse park assist, etc.

But, yes, as far as "go fast" options it is certainly base, base, base. There isn't anything upgraded in the suspension, brakes or rearend.

----> But there will be soon :dance:

·
Premium Member
4,069 Posts
I know I have an s197 and it's not the same comparison but my 5.0 had no problem smoking the tires or wheel hopping to China if I'd let it when it was stock. I have 3.31 gears.

I don't know if the translation from s197 to s550 makes that much of a difference but I thought I'd share.

81 - 100 of 388 Posts