Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im getting one of those roots blowers, and im thinking im going to need an 8.8 b/c of all that low end torque. but i want to do it the right way. now i have a auto so im thinking either 4.10s or 3.73, im leaning towards 3.73 so i dont shoot out o the low rpms so quick, and i might be able to hook better. and im thinking about a auburn detroit locker. and would having a higher number of spines help out one my axles like a 28 or 31? thanks for the help

·
Registered
574 Posts
You will need an 8.8.

I'd go 4.10s for the auto, no matter what. I'm doing mine right now. Maybe even 4.30s! Just get some better than stock tires and you will hook fine.

Why do you want an Auburn? I searched for an aftermarket one and couldn't make up my mind because if you look at any board every unit has **** talked about it. They're like: This one sucks. And then someone else is like: No. That one sucks. I had three of those blow up. And then someone else is like: Well ****!

Mustangs come standard with 28-spline axles. Upgrading to a 31 doesn't really do much. If you're going to do all that you might as well just build a 9" and be done with it.

Just get a take-off 8.8, rebuild it, put a girdle on it, and call it a day.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I think 4.10's might be good food you since you have an auto. But 3.73 will save you a little gas. Maybe like 1 or 2 mpg.

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i dont kno what to get, but i have some time to think about it. thanks for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts