Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
what is up guys. i have been looking for a 5.0 for a majority of the short time that i have been on this earth. started with an old foxbody obsession and then the coyote came out... I am looking for a 13-14 coyote. when i started my search i would only look for cars with the track pack, brembos, and reccaros (o and 3 pedals with a 6speed of course. if it dont have 3 pedals, get out my face :lol:). i have since dropped that criteria to solely the track pack. my question is this: if i buy a base 13-14 5.0, how hard is it to swap in a boss radiator, the 3.73s and the boss diff. any and all advice on this topic is greatly appreciated. if its too much work and extra money i might just wait for a year and a half til i can jump into a fully loaded out car.
please let me know what you guys think!
thanks,
-Sean
:mustang:

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
Let me start off with asking why you want to swap to the boss radiator?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eh cause it comes in the track pack haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that bad information? I would just wanna add all of the track pack parts. If it doesnt change too much I probably would leave the stock one in

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I would hold off and get the track pack if that's what you want. Between the brembos, gears, and wheels you can easily spend quite a bit if your 100 percent set on having al features of the track pack.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'm just saying if he's 100% on cloning the track pack especially if he's paying for installation he will be better off in the long run to wait for what he wants.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,699 Posts
Get the parts you would actually need. The car won't be anything special if its a non-track pack model with track pack parts added in. That radiator you would only need if you plan to actually track the car on a road course. If you don't see yourself doing that then spend the money elsewhere.

If you really really really want all those track pack parts and for it to actually mean something.... get the track pack model.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea I'm not necessarily looking for that sentimental aspect of the track pack. Just the performance. As it looks right now I think I'm just going to wait. I'm getting married in 18 months so after that I'll be able to go out and find THE mustang haha.
A couple weeks ago I test drove a 2014 deep impact blue 5.0 6 speed with leather reccaros, brembos, and the track pack. Man it was perfect. It was at a big ford dealership tho =/ after they factored in my trade the price went up 4 grand from all of their insane fees. Had to take my keys and walk. If they had been legit I would have been perfectly in my price point and I'd be driving a coyote haha. I hate dealerships...but I love buying cars haha

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yea I'm not necessarily looking for that sentimental aspect of the track pack. Just the performance. As it looks right now I think I'm just going to wait. I'm getting married in 18 months so after that I'll be able to go out and find THE mustang haha.
A couple weeks ago I test drove a 2014 deep impact blue 5.0 6 speed with leather reccaros, brembos, and the track pack. Man it was perfect. It was at a big ford dealership tho =/ after they factored in my trade the price went up 4 grand from all of their insane fees. Had to take my keys and walk. If they had been legit I would have been perfectly in my price point and I'd be driving a coyote haha. I hate dealerships...but I love buying cars haha

What fees brought the selling price up $4000.00 more?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I own a 14 GT base and prefer that because I am modding it to my own style. I actually have saved money in the long run such as installing items like the premium GT cluster, and other mods to where it performs just like a premium model or even better, imo. I did get the Boss 302 radiator. I enjoy my Mustang because of the countless mods out there. Just enjoy your Mustang once you get it.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
225 Posts
I agree , save your money & buy the real thing . Or You can go the Poser route & just put the Badges on . Only Joking , hate when Guys do that.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Do like I do,
Bought a 3.7 V6 automatic,
Bought some super snake emblems.
Now I have a super Snake Shelby without spending a lot of money.
If you don't want to go big, you can just get the 5.0 emblems a heck of a lot cheaper.
If you can't find anything with a track-pack on it, just buy it and tell everybody it has the track-pack.
Ronnie

PS: Just joking but as we know, Some people do this and think people don't know.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts

There's a chance that may have included taxes, title and registration fee if it was that high which eventually have to be paid regardless aside from any dealer processing fees which is the only savings from buying from a private party

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I'm not sure exactly what the fees were but they were all just bologna dealer fees. Lot fees, washing and prep fees, driving it from the back lot to the front lot fees. tax tag and title should habe been around $2500+/-. they claimed they were giving my 7 for my car (after I talked them up from 5) and it still went up that much. I gave up with them at that point haha. I was so freakn pumped for that car too.
Edit: just thinking, they would have put the TVAT in there too but common. They are pretty much saying there $11,000 in tax tag title and fees on a $23,000 car.

Do like I do,
Bought a 3.7 V6 automatic,
Bought some super snake emblems.
Now I have a super Snake Shelby without spending a lot of money.
If you don't want to go big, you can just get the 5.0 emblems a heck of a lot cheaper.
If you can't find anything with a track-pack on it, just buy it and tell everybody it has the track-pack.
Ronnie

PS: Just joking but as we know, Some people do this and think people don't know.
You scared me for a second there man hahaha

·
Registered
225 Posts
Gotta Pay To Play ..... with the cost of cars these days [ some are more than a house in the area I live ] whats 4 grand , its worth it if you're getting what you want

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Go to a reputable Ford dealer and see about a leftover 2016 and Ford offers 72 month zero financing.
See if you can afford a new mustang with your trade in.
I love my 3.7 V6 but I know you are set on a V8.
I rode in a friends 4 cylinder the other day and he bought some sort of package from Ford that increased his horsepower and torque without messing up the warranty. I was really impressed how the four cylinder got up and went.
Don't get me wrong, but if I was on a budget and getting married, I would consider a new Mustang Turbo four with the performance package.
Good MPG
Cheap insurance
Fun to drive
and very quick.
not to mention the new car warranty.
Just something to think about.
Ronnie

·
Super Moderator
18,025 Posts
11/12 cars are like $18k right now for ones in good shape. Get an auto, get a circle D converter, get a full longtube exhaust setup and BMR suspension and a good tune and run 11s all day.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts