Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
I had a 14 TrakPak car and really loved it. I spent over $6k in mods but should have left it stock...just hind sight being 20/20.
TrakPak has the Boss 302 radiator and core support, engine oil cooler, runs 5/50 oil, has the re-enforced aluminum rearend cover, painted rear axle housing instead of unpainted axle tubes, different shocks and struts...other than that it's kind of between a GT and Boss 302 without the intake and cams.
If it were me, I'd look for a real deal TrakPak although they didn't really make them in 11, did in 12/13/14...the numbers are less than 5000 made in 14 and not sure about 12 and 13.
As everyone else said, if you want to get a GT and mod it, then just buy a GT although I wouldn't spend money on the TrakPak stuff, just putting the 3.73's in will make a big difference in the way the car drives with the manual 6spd...IMHO

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Go to a reputable Ford dealer and see about a leftover 2016 and Ford offers 72 month zero financing.
See if you can afford a new mustang with your trade in.
I love my 3.7 V6 but I know you are set on a V8.
I rode in a friends 4 cylinder the other day and he bought some sort of package from Ford that increased his horsepower and torque without messing up the warranty. I was really impressed how the four cylinder got up and went.
Don't get me wrong, but if I was on a budget and getting married, I would consider a new Mustang Turbo four with the performance package.
Good MPG
Cheap insurance
Fun to drive
and very quick.
not to mention the new car warranty.
Just something to think about.
Ronnie
I mean this was a pretty reputable dealer haha. Think they saw me (I'm only 26) and figured they could pull a fast one on me (pun intended haha). I 100% understand what you saying. I'd kill for an s550 but I dream about coyotes all hours of the day man. I've driven the 3.7 and the EB but there's something about the howl of the coyote. I'm just an American muscle, v8 guy haha. First car was a 97 thunderbird with the 4.6. I love my 06 GT that I daily now so it'll keep me busy til next fall(if it had a 6th speed and a 5.0 man...)(been looking at coyote swaps too but I don't really have the money or garage to pull that off affordably haha). I just want a 6speed with a coyote haha. It will be mine...some day in the not to distant future. I've always wanted a ghig 2013 boss302 so if one of those pops up reasonably I'm jumping on it haha. Thanks for all the advice team!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Cool, Please let us know when you find your GT.
Good hunting and good luck.
Ronnie

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
O i am not opposed to flying somewhere to get the perfect one of that's what it takes. The first drive home is the best drive anyways haha. My search will continue. Thanks giys! And thanks for the welcome to the forums. I'm kinda new on here and I've been looking for the right mustang forum. Think I found it haha.
PS anyone from GA area check out the regional post. Me and another guy were talking about a meet up and possibly a tail of the dragon run. All invited!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Dont settle for nothing less than what you want , Believe me, you wont be happy in the long run , Have done it myself . Good Luck & let us know when your behind the wheel.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
War Horse is 100% correct,
There is not much worse then buyers remorse.
You will know when you see the Mustang you will love.
I was lucky because on that stormy, rainy Sunday as I walked thru the dealers lot to look at Focuses, My Mustang yelled out. """RONNIE-LOOK At Me""" It was love at first sight and I love my RED RYDER today as much as the first day I seen him.
I just had a chance to trade even up for a 2015 Camaro SS V8 4,000 mile auto with everything on it and my answer was "NO WAY"
Money wise, It would have been a fantastic deal for me, Except, I would hate my self after the trade.
I will probably be keeping this Mustang until the day I die.Then it goes to my best friend Shari.
Ronnie

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
War Horse is 100% correct,
There is not much worse then buyers remorse.
You will know when you see the Mustang you will love.
I was lucky because on that stormy, rainy Sunday as I walked thru the dealers lot to look at Focuses, My Mustang yelled out. """RONNIE-LOOK At Me""" It was love at first sight and I love my RED RYDER today as much as the first day I seen him.
I just had a chance to trade even up for a 2015 Camaro SS V8 4,000 mile auto with everything on it and my answer was "NO WAY"
Money wise, It would have been a fantastic deal for me, Except, I would hate my self after the trade.
I will probably be keeping this Mustang until the day I die.Then it goes to my best friend Shari.
Ronnie
Yea buddy! Some day. Hopefully soon haha

·
Super Moderator
18,025 Posts
SVT Performance | Ford SVT Car and Truck News - 2015 ford mustang GT350 - Focus RS

Get on the market and look for a real nice low mileage garage kept 11-14. I personally like the 11/12 look much better but its subjective. Front is way more aggressive on those and the 13/14 tails are a direct swap to 10-12 bodies.

You SHOULD be able to get a base model with low miles for sub $20k price, I have seen supercharged ones with low miles in the $25k range.

·
Registered
428 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
O i am not opposed to flying somewhere to get the perfect one of that's what it takes. The first drive home is the best drive anyways haha. My search will continue. Thanks giys! And thanks for the welcome to the forums. I'm kinda new on here and I've been looking for the right mustang forum. Think I found it haha.
PS anyone from GA area check out the regional post. Me and another guy were talking about a meet up and possibly a tail of the dragon run. All invited!

There's a dealership offering brand new 700+ HP mustangs for $37k. I hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
18,025 Posts
Lots of them are. And actually the 37k model is the 640hp phase 1. Which is way better than the 700hp phase 2 because the 1 comes with a full 3/36 warranty.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

21 - 33 of 33 Posts