Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing my Bullit pedals from Rob right now, and I'm done with the easiest and the hardest. :cool:

I need to remove the accelerator pedal assembly from the car, and all I have to do is remove two 13mm bolts (easy) and detach the throttle cable. I'm not 100% how to do that, so I didn't try it yet. So how do I detach the throttle cable? just to make sure I don't screw anything up.

BTW, everybody said the brake pedal was difficult, it was hard, but took me maybe 5 or so minutes. I used a screwdriver to pry the edge of the rubber around the metal part of the pedal. Just gotta be VERY careful w/ it. I don't have to do it with a clutch tho, that probably would annoy me.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
I'm installing my Bullit pedals from Rob right now, and I'm done with the easiest and the hardest. :cool:

I need to remove the accelerator pedal assembly from the car, and all I have to do is remove two 13mm bolts (easy) and detach the throttle cable. I'm not 100% how to do that, so I didn't try it yet. So how do I detach the throttle cable? just to make sure I don't screw anything up.

BTW, everybody said the brake pedal was difficult, it was hard, but took me maybe 5 or so minutes. I used a screwdriver to pry the edge of the rubber around the metal part of the pedal. Just gotta be VERY careful w/ it. I don't have to do it with a clutch tho, that probably would annoy me.
just go under the hood and pull the lever on the throttle body to WOT then just detatch the cable, it should have a groove to get it out

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
i would tell you but judging by your aim message you just figured it out.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
I don't wanna flood the engine, lol.

Nobody else I've talked to has said ANYTHING about WOT....
you just pull the lever to WOT for one sec, then hold the cable and then pull it out through the groove in the lever, you wont be iin WOT for more than a second or two

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nah, I got it.

232, I just needed to remove the throttle cable from the pedal assy in the floorboard, I didn't need the whole removal of the throttle cable. :D

There is a U shaped top to the pedal assembly, and the vertical slit is covered by a plastic grommet that seats in the top of the assy. When the cable is engaged like normal, the cover on the end of the throttle cable sits in that grommet, allowing the assy to pull to cable out. All you have to do is pull that grommet out from the assy when you give the cable some slack. Then the thin cable can slide right out of that U shape.

Thanks Rob! :thumbs2:

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
WhiteStang99 said:
Nah, I got it.

232, I just needed to remove the throttle cable from the pedal assy in the floorboard, I didn't need the whole removal of the throttle cable. :D

There is a U shaped top to the pedal assembly, and the vertical slit is covered by a plastic grommet that seats in the top of the assy. When the cable is engaged like normal, the cover on the end of the throttle cable sits in that grommet, allowing the assy to pull to cable out. All you have to do is pull that grommet out from the assy when you give the cable some slack. Then the thin cable can slide right out of that U shape.

Thanks Rob! :thumbs2:
oh i thought you were trying to remove the throttle cable as a whole.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts