Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys new to the forum just picked up my 2013 mustang v6 two days ago. My name is josh and I have been wanting a mustang since I was 16 well I am 26 and finally got my "pony!" I had the car all of one day and pulling up to a stoplight it starts to idle irregularly and my check engine light comes on, conveniently I was only two minutes away from the ford place I bought it from. So I take it there and they pull the codes to find out that it has something to with timing not sure if its electrical or what I should find out today what's going on. I am really bummed out and miss her already, they paid for me a rental and everything so it's all good financially but just sucks to be without her so early in our relationship lol. So enough of the sob story I am excited to be a part of the forum and look forward to learning about my new toy from all of you guys. If I posted in the wrong section I apologize.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Welcome, you are taking this hard. But no worries, I'm sure the problem is minor. They'll flash the computer and that might take care of any issues. There's a name for guys like us, Bruisers, because we fall hard and get hurt. Lol, jk :p Again, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Jayday20 said:
What's up guys new to the forum just picked up my 2013 mustang v6 two days ago. My name is josh and I have been wanting a mustang since I was 16 well I am 26 and finally got my "pony!" I had the car all of one day and pulling up to a stoplight it starts to idle irregularly and my check engine light comes on, conveniently I was only two minutes away from the ford place I bought it from. So I take it there and they pull the codes to find out that it has something to with timing not sure if its electrical or what I should find out today what's going on. I am really bummed out and miss her already, they paid for me a rental and everything so it's all good financially but just sucks to be without her so early in our relationship lol. So enough of the sob story I am excited to be a part of the forum and look forward to learning about my new toy from all of you guys. If I posted in the wrong section I apologize.
Welcome! Don't worry you will be all right! Don't look at her any different now :)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Rather the issue be early on then later. No worries. Pump the dealer for some extras for the inconvenience. Welcome to the board. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry no pics yet I only had her for a day so no photo shoots yet. It's the black one with the white stripe at the bottom. I have had my eye on those mustang all weather floor mats so maybe I could get them thrown in the deal.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Just in Case

If all else fails, which funeral home do we send the flowers to?:cry:

·
Registered
526 Posts
Mann, that is a bummer, I hope she gets fixed soon! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Car of Course.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well day three without "Sophie" that's her name by the way I am about to go stir crazy!! They ordered the part that needed to be replaced on Thursday, do dealerships get parts in on Saturdays? If so I could potentially get her back today if not probably looking like Monday.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I had mine for 4 days and backed into my roomates truck. And to drive it wrecked for 2 weeks then it was in the shop for two weeks and 1 day. I know the feeling of not having your new baby. Pretty sure it's close to a mom having a child and having it takin away for a few weeks. Haha. It'll all be better and with time. Everything will be good. Hope you get it back soon.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I finally got my car back yesterday they had to replace the exhaust cam sensor. Took her out for a long ride yesterday it was awesome I am loving my new car! I am thinking about removing the rocker stripe down the side I have searched and it seems like it is pretty easily removed for those of you that have done it is this true?

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
Hello,

:welcome: to the Mustang Evolution forums! Probably just a new car bug. Hopefully they will get it worked out soon. :good:

Below are some links to help you get familiar with the ME forums and site rules.

Forum Main Page - Here you will find the layout of the forums. Note that the 1979-2014, Shelby | ROUSH | Boss | Saleen | SVT and the 4 Cylinder | V6 | Classic Mustangs forums are for "technical" discussions and questions.
The remaining forums are pretty much self explanatory, but if you have any questions, please feel free to ask any of the moderators, administrators or post them in the ME Site Help & Feedback forum.

Community Rules - Here you will find a listing of the forum rules. Please take the time to read through them and familiarize yourself with them. They can be found at the bottom of the forum pages any time you want to review them.

We hope you enjoy your visits here. :good:
Site Administration, TH

P.S. For any further questions and discussions about your new car, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum after viewing the links above. Thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts