1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,573 Posts
...that is your actual bumper

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Thats your actual bumber ( most people confuse that with the plastic they see which is the bumper cover.)

It's a very bad idea just to save a few pounds. Its designed to have some level of give to help save lives in an accident.

You could also remove your seats belts to loss even more weight!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
You'd be screwed in an accident. I had to take my rear one off because it was smashed to sh!t. Would't do much good because it was a rusty smashed up metal i still meed to get a new one. Previous owner got rear ended. Pretty bad too. Just replaced the trunk and bumper cover to cover it up. The car looked normal when I got it but upon closer inspection there are crumples in my trunk close to the rear seats and the chassis looks like it got scrunched up a bit because the rear wheel wells are not the same length from the tire to metal. Moral of the story. Those bumpers WILL save your life

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I alreday have weight taken out.

Cobra Monaco Race Seat
Rear Seat Delete
Rear Seat Belts
Speakers and Headunit
spare tire and tools
No tail pipes
bumper foams
Lightweight Battery
Aluminum Driveshaft
Rear bracing
Sound deadening and jute padding
and other MIsc items

·
Registered
630 Posts
No not at all. I like the feel, but the noise sometime is annoying.
I would die without a radio.. I tip my hat to you, you are a stronger person than I lol.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the steel bars also add to the structural rigidity in incline situations as well? Like going up steep driveways at an angle..

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would die without a radio.. I tip my hat to you, you are a stronger person than I lol.

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the steel bars also add to the structural rigidity in incline situations as well? Like going up steep driveways at an angle..
I got an iPhone for a radio lol.:lmao::lmao:

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I thought the bars were only rated for a 5mph impact.

·
Registered
209 Posts
The bars may be rated for 5mph impact but that's not all they are for. When you you get hit they take most of the force and it slows down the energy of impact before getting to the frame. Some things on your car are meant to break in an accident so other things won't break, like your fascias and bumper bars.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts