Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know it puts stress on your suspensions but does hard acceleration over bumpy roads do any damage to engine or transmission?

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
not really any more than on smooth....wheel bounce and sudden loading/unloading ain't good but nothing to worry about

·
Registered
476 Posts
You are going to be more likely to chunk a tire, or lose control than you are to damage the chassis or driveline. I regularly put the whole car on the rumble strips going up the climbing esses at VIR, and only lift if someone is going slow ahead of me. Another good example would be the apex of turn three at Road Atlanta, since the line is to have all four on the gatorbacks.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I done it couple times not knowing the road bumps ahead and it felt scary as if i was going to break something. Normally i avoid hard acceleration on bumpy daily commute routes that im familiar with.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would avoid it just because you are at a much higher risk of losing traction or control over the car. You can potentially bubble a tire or bend a rim, it's not all that great for your shocks... but it most likely won't break anything.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I done it couple times not knowing the road bumps ahead and it felt scary as if i was going to break something. Normally i avoid hard acceleration on bumpy daily commute routes that im familiar with.
ya, you are about to break something.....

break loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts