Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't seem to get my car to do a burnout. I put my foot on the break and give it gas but no luck #automatic #advancetractionOff

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Do hashtags even work on this forum? The '13-14s require a tune to disable the throttle cutoff when trying to do a burn out.

Sent from the Death Star.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Lol.

On the newer models there's a limiter on the cars so can't do burnouts. But it can be removed; only need a tune to remove it.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
really? that's funny. not that I ever do burnouts but it's funny that I can't bc they disabled the ability. lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
What does it do when you hold it for 10 seconds?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app
completely turns off advance trac.

hitting it only turns off traction control. holding it will turn the whole system off

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Turning off TCS and Advance Track doesn't work on the 2013+ for doing a burn out. You can turn them off but the torque management system will still limit the engine to no more than 2,000 rpm when you do a brake stand - you can drop the accelerator to the floor and it won't make a difference.

You need a tune to override the torque management. When the 2013 came out that was the first thing those of us who go to the drag strip discovered. My car was the test mule for Doug when he was with C&L and it took a lot of tune adjustments to find the right combination. He sent me one where the TCS and Advance Track was turned off completely in the tune and it didn't make a difference. He also sent me a new street tune that day to try out and give him so driving impression about - that one turned out he found the right combination and I called him and told him that the race tune didn't work but whatever he did on the second tune had the clue. He spent the next day going through it again to see what he changed that could account for the ease of doing a burn out on that tune. Within 2 weeks every tuner was able to tune it out.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea I've turned the advance traction control off completely. I also have the bama tuner.. There's a section where it gives me a choice of selecting what Rpms I want when I'm on neutral or when I want to rev.. Is that were I need to configure in order to burnout or do I have to get a custom tune?

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the 2013 and 2014 Automatic Mustangs have boa and limits rpm in gear brake on to 2000 rpm . You will need a handheld tuner or have a tuner remove it . Most can tunes have it removed. It is in the torque management part of the program. If you have a tuner from Bama it should already removed ,if not call them and they should take care of that for you. As a self tuner i would have a custom tune done if you have mods done.
hope this helps
Merry Christmas
:dance

·
Registered
132 Posts
There is a trick to do a burnout.Turn advancetrac fully off then put the car in sport mode and shift up to third gear while still standing still. Then floor the gas while holding the brake and downshift into 1st. You will do a burnout.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
There is a trick to do a burnout.Turn advancetrac fully off then put the car in sport mode and shift up to third gear while still standing still. Then floor the gas while holding the brake and downshift into 1st. You will do a burnout.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
whats sport mode??

1 - 20 of 82 Posts