Mustang Evolution Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
My bone stock auto 4.0 could do a break stand burnout no problem

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yes it's tuned. I just power brake until the tires start to spin, then let off the brakes and floor it.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
35 Posts
Last day I tried doing burnout at first nothing happened the rpm got stuck around 2000. I had forgotten to close the advance trac however traction control was off. Later on I did the method that someone has explained in this topic and it worked. Shifted up to 3 in sport mode and then lowered the gears to 1 and it started to do a burnout. The car is an auto.

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
There is a trick to do a burnout. Turn advancetrac fully off then put the car in sport mode and shift up to third gear while still standing still. Then floor the gas while holding the brake and downshift into 1st. You will do a burnout.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I can't see these being good on a transmission at all, even as just a once in a while thing. It's much safer to get the torque management deactivated with a tune.

JUST DID IT.. This work. Thanks bro
Last day I tried doing burnout at first nothing happened the rpm got stuck around 2000. I had forgotten to close the advance trac however traction control was off. Later on I did the method that someone has explained in this topic and it worked. Shifted up to 3 in sport mode and then lowered the gears to 1 and it started to do a burnout. The car is an auto.
I would stay away from this method as there is no way of knowing what kind of damage it is doing to your transmission.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Manuals have sport mode too. FYI

Thanks for the info.
So you have to press the stability control button twice? Is that correct?
Are all later model manuals equipped with this feature?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks for the info.

So you have to press the stability control button twice? Is that correct?

Are all later model manuals equipped with this feature?

While holding the brake press the button twice. But the sports mode on the automatic is referring to shifting it into S with higher shift points or manual shifting.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do some research man ! Manuals do have sport mode !! I have sport mode on my manual

2011 Mustang GTCS

BBK CAI

Lethal Performance Off-Road X-Pipe (kept my cats on)

DMH Performance Electric Cutouts

Flowmaster AxleBacks

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yup !! See that guy knows ^^^

2011 Mustang GTCS

BBK CAI

Flowmaster AxleBacks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Does that mean that my 2012 v6 manual as as sport mode and I didn't know ?? How do you activate this ?

Thanks

Airaid Bama tune/Hood strut/MBRP axel back

·
Registered
105 Posts
Does that mean that my 2012 v6 manual as as sport mode and I didn't know ?? How do you activate this ?

Thanks

Press the brake and double tap the traction control button and sport mode should appear on your gauge

2011 Mustang GTCS

BBK CAI

Flowmaster AxleBacks

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Not all V6's are equipped with Sport Mode.

"AdvanceTrac Sport Mode
• AdvanceTrac is standard and includes Sport Mode
on GT Premium models and with available V6
Performance Package
• Sport Mode is a unique calibration of AdvanceTrac,
allowing for more spirited driving with AdvanceTrac
still enabled."

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yes some V6 Manuals do have Sport Mode, as Diehard said, it just turns the nannies down but not off.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thanks guys ! Can you Believe i've had my Mustang for more than year and I didn't know that ! :)

·
Premium Member
503 Posts
All 3.7s with the performance pack have the advancetrac sport mode. Base models do not. Press the brake in and double tap the traction control button

41 - 60 of 82 Posts