Mustang Evolution Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sport mode? Ha! I just turn advancetrac off every time I start my 14. I been driving manuals for years and hate hill start assist.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yep I got it activated...but since it s winter it s sitting quietly in the garage so I won't be able to try it for at least another 3 months !

Airaid Bama tune/Hood strut/MBRP axel back

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yep I got it activated...but since it s winter it s sitting quietly in the garage so I won't be able to try it for at least another 3 months ! Can you give me an idea of what I an waiting for :) in other words what does it do when you put it in sport mod ?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Yep I got it activated...but since it s winter it s sitting quietly in the garage so I won't be able to try it for at least another 3 months ! Can you give me an idea of what I an waiting for :) in other words what does it do when you put it in sport mod ?

Do you know what "advancetrac" (electronic stability control) does for you? Well in the sport mode it will do a little less. You may never notice it.
So I take it you have the Performance Package?

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Do some research man ! Manuals do have sport mode !! I have sport mode on my manual

2011 Mustang GTCS

BBK CAI

Lethal Performance Off-Road X-Pipe (kept my cats on)

DMH Performance Electric Cutouts

Flowmaster AxleBacks

^u also have a GT. This is the v6 section.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
All 3.7s with the performance pack have the advancetrac sport mode. Base models do not. Press the brake in and double tap the traction control button

^this is correct. Base models don't have sport mode traction.
Sport mode in autos when referring to the shifter only came on 13-14s not 11-12s.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
So to the poster that came up with the brake / 3rd gear / downshift into1st gear how did you find that out? Was it a rental or do you abuse your own car?

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
^^^ if you consider that common sense that would explain why your car is getting a new transmission.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
It's a V6. No need to do a burnout.

Naturally Aspirated Is Lyfe
This guy is no help at all^ just cause it a v6 doesn't mean anything. There's v6's capable of destroying v8's
I figured he meant that the v6's shouldn't lose all their traction, and thus, dont really need to heat up the tires. Then again, this is Laquisha.

Common sense
^^^ if you consider that common sense that would explain why your car is getting a new transmission.

i chuckled.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Sport mode? Ha! I just turn advancetrac off every time I start my 14. I been driving manuals for years and hate hill start assist.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

I do the exact same thing. I dont have a lot of experience with manuals but I found the hill assist to hinder me instead of assisting.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
1 Posts
Stop beating up the trans! Just pull the #10 Fuse on the passenger side box under the hood.. You will have a couple lights on your dash on, but you can spin for days!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Save the money you would burn in rear tires and also all the GT / Roush gear you're putting on the V6 annnnnnnnd
Buy. A. G. T
Or go all out and buy these:
EMBLEMPROS.COM - GM LICENSED AND CUSTOM VEHICLE EMBLEMS - 1999 - 2014 Mustang Cobra Premium Emblem Set - your choice of lettering color
Maybe it is just my age. But tires are $200 each and I don't care to spend that money any sooner than I have to. That being said, if I keep my car in first and take it nice and easy up to 3000 RPM, then kick it, it breaks them loose and I can see the smoke from my expensive tires in the rear view mirror. Burn outs are more impressive when you can do them from 20 MPH.

G

·
I have been working with Bame on trying to figure this out because my car will not do anything if the RPMs are over 2000. It will not launch, also if I am in Drive, shift to Neutral, Rev, and shift back to Drive. The car will not accelerate until the RPMs lower back under 2000. Very annoying.

I have had 3 different Race tunes now due to revisions and none of them have worked so far. Hopefully we can figure this out soon. :|

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have been working with Bame on trying to figure this out because my car will not do anything if the RPMs are over 2000. It will not launch, also if I am in Drive, shift to Neutral, Rev, and shift back to Drive. The car will not accelerate until the RPMs lower back under 2000. Very annoying.

I have had 3 different Race tunes now due to revisions and none of them have worked so far. Hopefully we can figure this out soon. :|

Is this something that a tune is supposed to fix? My friend has a '14 v6 auto as well and it is on a stock tune and this is one of his complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

61 - 80 of 82 Posts