Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im thinking of upgrading my stand i have this one as a daily driver ad i eat on it alot its been a great fun car but i think its time to upgrade my car has 170000 miles on it but the car is like new. so should i sell it and buy a 03 gt or should i get a 5.0 engine and slap it inside thee engine bay

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
be a lot cheaper to put a 99-04 GT into the same times as a 5.0 then actually buying a 5.0 engine and all the stuff you'd need to make it work lol

·
Registered
640 Posts
Nope you can drop a 4.6 in there no problem
Do you, or anyone else have a build list you could link? If my cousin doesn't follow through with giving me his 5.4, I'll look into doing this

·
Registered
672 Posts
Yeah you can fit a 4.6 or a 5.0 in there easily. The 5.0 engine would be pretty sweet, but you're going to have to upgrade your rear end and the transmission most likely which would also then probably need a new driveshaft. You aslo have to think about all the stock suspension pieces that after 170k are probably on borrowed time. It may be cheaper to just find a GT with lower miles and have it already all done.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i have a gt already i just want to get te 5.0 swap to put a super charger on it cuz i dont wana mess up my gt. what do you guys think my v6 already has a 8.8 gt rear and has a 5speed auto with AM tune so i have a buddy that crashed his fox and the rear is totaled just wanted to know if i could put the engine inside without having to do much cuting

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

manual srry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.