Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we're looking for a new car for my younger brother and looks like it'll be a 98, I've have my 01 for about a year now but I wanna know if there's special things too look for in those year of cars, I'm not familiar with these styles, but Not specialty things but common problems, I'd just like to hear some things you guys have to say about that that year and what i should try not to miss while looking
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
pretty much just like the 01 minus the revised heads/intake/cam changes~ overall rather easy car to work on and fix being pushrod and the area in the engine bay is huge so you have room to work on things yourself. I would just look over the normal stuff for the most part when checking it out.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pretty much just like the 01 minus the revised heads/intake/cam changes~ overall rather easy car to work on and fix being pushrod and the area in the engine bay is huge so you have room to work on things yourself. I would just look over the normal stuff for the most part when checking it out.
Awesome thanks, we came across one where the door panels came unrivited or whatever and try said it was normal so I don't wanna hear bogus stuff lol I know how to work on cars but like I said, I wanna know if there's special things like how the 99-04 can have the cracked manifold. But thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
the EBrake can have issues on 94-98 but if its working now its probably fine lol, if you have to pull it WAY up then you can fix it.

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
Yes this is true my 94 the e brake is broken Iam going to be fixing it this month

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
i would get a manual, the autos SUCK bad.... horrible and get worse gas mileage

·
Premium Member
1,480 Posts
^^ +1 I have a 5 speed :) I have heard the same thing a couple times

1 - 12 of 12 Posts