Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im 18 and im buying a 1967 mustang fastback and i am from kuwait and i was wondering can i use a 67 fastback daily or will it cause me some problems and if i can drag race with other cars will it cause me a problem the mustang
Thanks.

·
Registered
352 Posts
If you want a 67 Fastback as a Daily Driver its going to take a lot of babying. Classics have a problem w/ overheating. Either get a fixer upper and do a frame off resto or buy one that was taken real good car of and replace high wear parts.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

I looked into doing this but i ended up going with the modern car for the safety and you can do more w/ them aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
25,464 Posts
you can daily drive a 67 just fine, it wont be as safe, it wont be cheap to upkeep, etc

what ever cost you are looking at to rebuild or get it fixed up, multiply that by 4 or more times and add in about that much time then you will get close lol, fixing up older cars never goes as planned lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SpectorV said:
you can daily drive a 67 just fine, it wont be as safe, it wont be cheap to upkeep, etc

what ever cost you are looking at to rebuild or get it fixed up, multiply that by 4 or more times and add in about that much time then you will get close lol, fixing up older cars never goes as planned lol.
So what ur saying is that u will have some problems with it

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
So what ur saying is that u will have some problems with it
You can daily drive a 67 no problem. If you're going to drag race it also, then it may a problem.
The point made earlier about cost is just the reality of a classic car. You can't buy everything you need at the local auto parts store. Depending on what you need, sometimes it takes a couple of different online Mustang stores to get all your parts. Once you get it up to specs and dependable, it's not a real issue. You just have to understand that it takes more planning when replacing parts and things never go as planned.

·
Registered
99 Posts
If u do a fox body fuel injected 5.0 swap it will be a great dd
I replaced my 289 for a fox 5.0 but I went carb. If go back to fuel injection will this make it a better daily driver? That way I don't have to sell my car...

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Hi guys im 18 and im buying a 1967 mustang fastback and i am from kuwait and i was wondering can i use a 67 fastback daily or will it cause me some problems and if i can drag race with other cars will it cause me a problem the mustang
Thanks.
Awesome man! Nice to have another teenage classic car owner!

·
Registered
771 Posts
If you want a 67 Fastback as a Daily Driver its going to take a lot of babying. Classics have a problem w/ overheating. Either get a fixer upper and do a frame off resto or buy one that was taken real good car of and replace high wear parts.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

I looked into doing this but i ended up going with the modern car for the safety and you can do more w/ them aftermarket.
I was considering a classic fastback too , but the cons outweight the pros , still I love the look of the 1967 Fastback GT , pure beauty. The problem with those Mustangs is that they brake poor , handle poorly , don't have air bags etc... , they are basically a sunday driver not daily . One could somewhat modernize them but then they won't be a " CLASSIC" anymore , just my two cents.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I was considering a classic fastback too , but the cons outweight the pros , still I love the look of the 1967 Fastback GT , pure beauty. The problem with those Mustangs is that they brake poor , handle poorly , don't have air bags etc... , they are basically a sunday driver not daily . One could somewhat modernize them but then they won't be a " CLASSIC" anymore , just my two cents.
This is the same reason i went with the 2013 GT and i do love it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Saleen ,
I was wondering if you bought the 1967 Fastback ?
I live in Kuwait and was wondering if it would be possible to have a look at it, I explain you why , my grandfather was living in Morocco many many years ago and was the first person in this country to impoert a Mustang from the US and it was a 1967 Fastback 8 cylinders.
I have always heard my dad talking about this car and he is coming to visit me in Kuwait from the 4th of March this year.
I would love to make a surprise for him and find a Fastback to take some pictures.
Please let me know if it would be possible, it would be really really nice from you.
Regards
Paul

·
Registered
3,688 Posts

I think the only fastback I'm going to buy while in college will probably be 71-73 :(
I've almost given up hope on finding a 69 fb :(
I'll get a good education and buy a dynacorn shell XD

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'll get a good education and buy a dynacorn shell XD

All for the education!

But I was considering the dynacorn route until I priced it out. Without a donor, it would be ridiculously expensive. That being said, when it comes time to really dig into the body work on my FB, I might be better off just getting a new shell and starting with a fresh canvas if I have the room. Man, how much fun would that be?!

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
All for the education!

But I was considering the dynacorn route until I priced it out. Without a donor, it would be ridiculously expensive. That being said, when it comes time to really dig into the body work on my FB, I might be better off just getting a new shell and starting with a fresh canvas if I have the room. Man, how much fun would that be?!

It seems like every fb around here that I've seen is either way out of my price range, or rusted to bits :(

I may make a road trip just to buy one in 3 yrs or so :p

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
It seems like every fb around here that I've seen is either way out of my price range, or rusted to bits :(

I may make a road trip just to buy one in 3 yrs or so :p

Rusted to bits = cheap.

Value after Restore of said rust bucket = $$$$$$

Pride/joy in doing the restoration yourself = priceless.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts