Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Buying a new trunk peice?

Tags
carpet trunk
4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JimB. 
#1 ·
Hey guys
I had some pretty substantial water damage to my trunk because my convertible top started to leak in the back and it drained into my trunk while I was deployed and started to mold. My room mate threw out the trunk and cleaned out the mildew and mold. I can't seem to find that piece that covers the spare tire. I called the ford dealership and asked how much it was to get a replacement piece and it's apparently $400 just for that one part. Anyone out there know where I can find one for cheap? I've searched all over ebay and fordpartsgiant but I can't seem to find these (I guess they're pretty rare?). If anyone has any info please let me know! I was thinking about making one out of some quarter inch wood and a weathertech mat but I don't have the tools/time since I'm getting ready to PCS (Move to another base) soon.

#2 ·
If you have any local salvage yards or a used auto places that let you remove your needed parts. I know that the old fashioned junk yards are not as popular as they used to be but we do still have some here in CT. You don't list the year of your car and that may help with getting an answer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.