Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help! I am in love with a white Boss 302 that is up for sale here in Dallas. I don’t know much about the car other than it has had 4 owners, has 41,000 miles and has no cats and a fire suppression system. They want $34k. My concerns are that I’m afraid it’s been tracked a good bit since it has a fire suppression kit. How can I tell if the motor/trans/clutch is in good shape? Is tracking these cars overly hard on them? I would be using the car as my daily and would most likely never get above 6k rpm. Any advice or wisdom is greatly appreciated!
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Please help! I am in love with a white Boss 302 that is up for sale here in Dallas. I don’t know much about the car other than it has had 4 owners, has 41,000 miles and has no cats and a fire suppression system. They want $34k. My concerns are that I’m afraid it’s been tracked a good bit since it has a fire suppression kit. How can I tell if the motor/trans/clutch is in good shape? Is tracking these cars overly hard on them? I would be using the car as my daily and would most likely never get above 6k rpm. Any advice or wisdom is greatly appreciated!
Wheel Tire Car Hood Vehicle

·
Administrator
6,084 Posts
If you want THAT car so badly, take it to a credible shop, and PAY for a professional evaluation. I would want a compression test & each cylinder, bore-scoped. You should assume and expect a clutch replacement.

Also have a full check of all your suspension components. There’s bound to wear-and-tear, and parts that will need to be replaced.

If spending some coin on a full evaluation is prohibitive, then I’d keep looking.

Reactions: ab_mach1
1 - 3 of 3 Posts