Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud owner of a 2011 V6 with the Performance Package but I was hoping to get some help. This is my third Mustang as my first car was a 1980 4-banger and I had an '86 GT back in the day (and I actually saw an '86 GT last night at a stop light and talked to the guy too!). It feels good to be back in one.

I was hoping the community could help me with some answers to some initial questions as I bought my new baby on Friday.

1) The guy before must've had subs in the back. The only speakers that work are the 6x9's and then there are a bunch of loose cables in the trunk. There are front speakers, right? It looks like it but no sound. I discovered this on the drive home from buying and the sales guy said take it to a Ford dealership and push a bit but if I can't get them to do it (and why would they?); he'll take care of it. I will believe that when I see it. This place just sells BMW's and Benz's and my girl was hiding in the back.

2) Can I verify the warranty information from Ford? I have it in writing from the dealer (but I didn't trust these guys at all).

3) It has been in a front end collision but the airbags did not deploy. Hell, my last car had been in 6 collisions so I figured it wasn't too bad. Could that have voided the warranty?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Ask your self this-"""Why would a Ford Dealer Warranty speakers that the original owner took out of that car?""

You need to go back where you bought it and raise enough stink that they will put your radio back to stock.

If you are smart you will return that car today and get your money back. By law in most all states you have three days to void a sale on a car. I don't think Saturday and Sunday count.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
What kind of collision was it in? If the air bags didn't open, find out more about the accident.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
The speakers might just be disconnected. You might be able to fix this yourself. If you can't, I wouldn't take it to the dealer. The car lot you bought it from should make this right. If they can't fix it, they need to take it to the dealer themselves! Not you!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
A car being in an accident doesn't void the factory warranty, but having a salvage title does. Rebuilds are considered caveat emptor.

Besides that... They warranty factory parts from defects. Not idiots who mess things up (if they can prove it) or missing parts because a previous owner replaced or removed them all together.

There are a few possibilities for your issue: Speakers are there, just disconnected. Speakers are gone completely. Speakers are blown. Head units front output is burned out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate the input.

The car is not going back. Georgia does not have that law and in my research of this dealership on Yelp etc. they do seem to cave when people publicly shame them (it's part of the reason I felt comfortable buying from them in the first place). They are a fairly large operation with two big locations.

The title is clean. Carfax said so unless that was a forgery. That does seem a bit extreme though to forge a Carfax and still cop to a little front end damage.

I am 90% sure they are just disconnected. And besides; everything about the car except for the speakers seems 100% perfect. It still smells new.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Appreciate the input.

The car is not going back. Georgia does not have that law and in my research of this dealership on Yelp etc. they do seem to cave when people publicly shame them (it's part of the reason I felt comfortable buying from them in the first place). They are a fairly large operation with two big locations.

The title is clean. Carfax said so unless that was a forgery. That does seem a bit extreme though to forge a Carfax and still cop to a little front end damage.

I am 90% sure they are just disconnected. And besides; everything about the car except for the speakers seems 100% perfect. It still smells new.
I would probably still take it back to the dealer and have them look at the speakers. That's something they should have noticed/checked when the car came into their location.

That's good you're not taking the car back and I hope you got a steal on it. I'm a big fan the the Kona with the Performance Package, enjoy the 3.31s. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the speakers fixed. Dealer grumbled but paid for it. Loving this car every second of every day.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Glad you got it fixed and you're loving the car! :)

·
Registered
607 Posts
I would have just upgraded. I have Rockford Fosgate speakers and tweeters I installed to replace the factory ones. Sounds so much clearer

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Appreciate the input.

Too late now, but the statements that dealer made to you about getting the problems repaired under warranty are all warning signs to a buyer when a dealer makes such statments. Anytime an owner (or in your case, a previous owner) makes modifications to a vehicle, the warranty for that part/section is void.

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the speaker issue with the dealer that sold you this car. It sounds like you are happy with the Mustang.

P.S. I'd also have a Ford service department take a look at the front sensors that activate the airbag system. If it was involved in a front end accedent, and they (airbags) did not deply, I'd want to have that checked. You would want piece of mind in knowing you are protected should an accident happen again.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Always get everything in writing. People seem to get forgetful after money changes hands

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Accidents...

Just because there are no accidents according to Carfax doesn't mean it wasn't in an accident.

Is the front damaged? Is that how you knew it was in an accident or did the dealer that sold you the car, tell you about it?

Can you find out from the dealer, where he got the car from? Is it possible that the vehicle was purchased at an auto auction out of state and then retitled in Georgia?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts