Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting 17" chrome 5 spoke that came on some 2004 mustang GTs from a friend for 300 bucks with tires, front 275 rear 285,,do i have to worry about 275 rubbing ?

·
Banned
11,189 Posts
Nope wont rub at all

Are these rims 17x8 or 17x9?

If they are 8 wide the 275's will look kinda funny on a 8 inch wide rim

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brent said:
Nope wont rub at all

Are these rims 17x8 or 17x9?

If they are 8 wide the 275's will look kinda funny on a 8 inch wide rim
i believe their only the 17x8

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
You'll be find. The slightly wider tires wont look bad either

·
Premium Member
19,783 Posts
That's a little wider than I would want on the front, but it all good.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
WhiteStang99 said:
lol, from Cobra to sixer is like retirement for wheels.
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
296 Posts
so if you want to rotate your wheels then go with 245 /? i mean i love the way wide tires look in the back, but would also like the avantage of rotating the wheels as well

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ yeah they're used wheels and tires so im just gonna let the tires wear out how they are then ill make the decision to go with all the same size so i can rotate or do the 275 285 thing again

·
I liek gramer
8,245 Posts
I would definitely suggest same tire sizes all the way around. It prolongs the life of your tire by a good bit, and think about it, 10 cm is not going to be THAT big of a change in the stance.

·
Registered
126 Posts
yeah me too love the look but you will have to buy the back often if your a heavy foot. about every 5 mon. for me. but as long as everything is ok in front the dont wear a whole lot and you can bust the tire and change them on rims if they do.. caost about 15. i dont mind buying tires every 5 mon. plus you could ge with a tire that will lose tread slower than g forces.

·
Premium Member
25,803 Posts
a 275 on an 8 wide will work but they kind of bulge and of course wear bad... but just buy 245s next go around, and a 275 out back wont look to bad for a while.

245s on a 9 wide is something you dont want to do however.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts