1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
331 Posts
I bought a kit from WIT trans (whatever it takes) customer service was good and the parts were great. I would avoid b&m products. They've screwed me over with bad parts, admitted it and then tole me to pretty much pound sand.

Smoke tires not drugs

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And I've gotten a few other good reviews for border performance so I'm going to go with that along with that it's the most complete for the price.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
What?!?
Are you saying that there is NOT supposed to be unidentifiable pieces of broken metal in the transmission pan EVERY TIME that you remove it?!!??

I must have something seriously wrong...
:lol:

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I diagnosed the problem too the snap ring that hold the output shaft well wasn't on there... I was able to put it out with out removing anything internal. The kit should be shipping out this week.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What?!?

Are you saying that there is NOT supposed to be unidentifiable pieces of broken metal in the transmission pan EVERY TIME that you remove it?!!??

I must have something seriously wrong...

:lol:

I thought it was normal too :shrug:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
I swear to god Travis, I have found needle bearings, and what looked to be part of the bearing cage, in the pan... And the transmission still worked! It was noisy but I drove the truck another 10k miles like that! Lol
And it never stopped working! I drove the truck to the transmission shop to have it rebuilt!

My last one broke on a WOT 1-2 shift. I thought that a U-joint broke! It just stopped working and wouldn't go into any gear except reverse.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I swear to god Travis, I have found needle bearings, and what looked to be part of the bearing cage, in the pan... And the transmission still worked! It was noisy but I drove the truck another 10k miles like that! Lol

And it never stopped working! I drove the truck to the transmission shop to have it rebuilt!

My last one broke on a WOT 1-2 shift. I thought that a U-joint broke! It just stopped working and wouldn't go into any gear except reverse.

Geeze yeah sounds bad. Mine just lost 3rd while driving. Had to drive home in 2nd gear during rush hour. Was just hoping to get it home haha

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does anyone know the size of the snap ring that holds the out put shaft in? I googled it and found one place that said 1-3/16ths but don't know if it's the right one. And I can't go measure it because I'm on vacation right now. Just want to have everything I need when I get back on Sunday.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well to answer my own question it is 1-3/16ths.

And got to re assembling it today. And didn't get as far as I wanted. I was hoping to get it all together but oh well. It's going pretty smoothly besides breaking my snap ring pliers

I'm impressed by this kit too. It's adds more clutches and has an upgraded planetary gear and its spins wayyyyy smother. Only thing that is annoying is that it said it came with the thrust washers but it doesn't come with all, and the one it does come with are plastic.

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439798815.411798.jpg

And then for the high clutch pack you have to drill some holes in it and now that I broke my plies I can't do much more tonight.

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1439798952.830422.jpg

·
Registered
679 Posts
You continue to be braver than me. I'm all for hands on and trying new things, but I install things the wrong direction all the time, and the stakes seem pretty high with some of those install-any-direction trans parts! Let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hear you I have a tendency to throw the directions away and end up doing things a couple time till the fit lol but I'm taking my time with this. This isn't my first time doing this, the first time was this my grandfather who rebuilt transmission for a living so I had a little guidance. But it is my time doing it alone and this time I got the whole kit so should have to worry about this again. But in all fairness this isn't really hard it's more just remembering where the thrust washers go. There are a lot of videos and how to for the c4 so if you get stuck just google it

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I keep looking at those along with valve body's and having to keep tell my self not now lol. I just have a little 6 so no need for those now pulse I'm low on funds with school starting now.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well another psa for any fellow I6 out there or anyone with a c4 that came out of a I6 the "high clutch" drum only allows for 4 clutches instead of the 5. The dum is smaller apparently, that would have been useful info to put in the instructions..... Should be ready to assemble now

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Which one are you talking about, or are you asking if it's not important to put any of them back in.

My answer would be....yes they are important.

I left the one off that goes on the back of the pump shaft in accident and found it on my tool box after I put my transmission back in. I know they are important just trying to laugh before I burn the thing down

1 - 20 of 104 Posts