Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
If there is no engine braking I believe that's a gummed up governor. It's buried in the tail housing so the whole trans has to come apart, I remember when I put mine together it was stressed that the piston in there should be absolutely free to move. If it won't move by just shaking it a little bit it's gummed up. Does this sound right olerodder? I don't want to send anyone on a wild goose chase. I'm going off of memory and mine isn't very good

Smoke tires not drugs
I'm not sure the governor would be causing any slippage though. If the motor did not allow the engine to brake in 1st or 2nd then yes this could be an area to explore.........since it doesn't I'm just not sure this a direction to go.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
It has engine braking, but you wouldn't have to disassemble the whole transmission to get to it just take off the tail tail housing and it's on the tail shaft
I assume that when you refurbished the trans you replaced the intermediate band servo piston seals....all of them?

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Well I guess depends what's wrong with it. The valve it self, at least on mine has 4 bolts securing it to the output shaft. But if you need to replace it all then yes to take the shaft out you need to disassemble the whole thing

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hahaha ok so I haven't completely lost it..... I know it's a dumb question but what does the fluid look like? It has to be red hot to get an accurate level reading. I take mine on a 10 or so mile hard drive and it always surprises me how much the fluid expands

Smoke tires not drugs

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Fluid is brand new less than 10mi on it. In going to order a servo today. Hopefully it fixes it

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Fluid is brand new less than 10mi on it. In going to order a servo today. Hopefully it fixes it

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Sorry for not responding as I've been burning the midnight oil building two motors.
I am hoping you did not replace the servo with the stock "A" servo and at least either got the truck servo or "C".....although the "R" servo may help more with the flare problem you are continuing to have. I think the "H" servo might have shifted a little harder than would care for.
I will PM you my email address as I get that on my phone and respond quicker.

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
That will certainly work.
I was just looking for an "R" or "C" servo and couldn't find any new ones...guess it's been a long time since I've tried to find a servo for a C4....Powerglides are so much simpler.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Yeah I tried a couple local guys but no luck. And I actually went with ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1441251141.836076.jpg

I liked this one because it has seals on the shaft. I really hope this helps or else I might push this thing off a cliff

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Just as long as it doesn't snap your neck shifting from 1st to 2nd it should help the flaring.................if you decide to push it off a cliff.......let me know which one so I can be there to catch it...........have a soft spot for 66 through 68 Mustangs.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Haha I hope it doesn't come to that point but I'll let you know if it does. I don't mind a firm shift, it's a hell of a lot better than a flare!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Well I got it yesterday and put it in and well didn't work.... I haven't really adjusted the bands too much tho so I'm going to give that a true today.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Well ordered a valve body. Should be here tomorrow. I'm going have one BA transmission if I can ever get it to work lol

61 - 80 of 104 Posts