Mustang Evolution Forum banner

101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
I'll have to look at Angie's list next time. This place seems okay besides the lack of communication. They sound like they know what they are doing just taking their sweet *** time. Was supposed to pick up my car Monday, then Tuesday and then today. I kept calling non stop to see if I could annoy them enough to get my car done and out of there today but didn't work. "Should" be ready tomorrow. We'll see.

On a side note, I'll give some words of wisdom if some one decides to rebuild their transmission after this debacle.

One, get the kit I got plus the thrust washers and you'll have everything you'll need to rebuild the transmission as far as hard parts.

Next is don't re use anything. Including the torque converter AND FLUSH THE COOLER. I didn't do either, because well my tc is brand new and flushing the lines/cooler never crossed my mind.

And after you reinstall everything air check everything and make sure you have enough end play.

And if all is done correctly and still doesn't work,

Not shifting=governor/line pressure

Shifting late=modulator (basically)

After talking to this guy about 100 times about my car I think I have gained the confidence to rebuild one again. They may seem all confusing and scary but if you break it down into all the difference then it's really pretty simple. Well at least the vacuum only trans. Even if you go into the valve body it's still pretty simple. Only thing that is still a little concerning is the bands but I'll talk to the mechanic tomorrow and see how they do it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Good info, and always good to learn new things. But I'm still convinced automatic transmissions run on voodoo magic and unicorn tears. It'll be good to have you car back!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Haha they still are made of those! Just a little easier to understand haha. And yes. I can't wait I haven't been without my car this long sense I bought my car. It's killing me!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Well got her back yesterday and man does it feel good to drive it again! Good news was I didn't install anything wrong, just reused the tc and didn't flush the line so all the fluid with the metal and clutch material just went through the tranny again clogging up the governor. Only problem is the shifting timing. I'm only making 15ish vacuum so it wants to shift late. So 1st-2nd shift is around 25-30mph then 2nd-3rd is 40-45mph. Anyway way to supplement the vacuum for the trans? I already have a vacuum canister just don't see how that could work with the modulator

101 - 104 of 104 Posts