Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm in need of some assistance. I have been meaning to swap my 68's c4 to the t5 for some time now but haven't gotten around to it. Today I saw a 1987 5.0 for sale pretty cheap and I am thinking about buying it to put the t5 in my stang. Will all the tranny components fit my car? Clutch, flywheel ect. What else will I need to complete the swap? Thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
My68mustang said:
Hey guys I'm in need of some assistance. I have been meaning to swap my 68's c4 to the t5 for some time now but haven't gotten around to it. Today I saw a 1987 5.0 for sale pretty cheap and I am thinking about buying it to put the t5 in my stang. Will all the tranny components fit my car? Clutch, flywheel ect. What else will I need to complete the swap? Thanks for the help.
All the components will fit but you will need to make sure you buy the correct balance flywheel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Keep us posted on how it goes. I'm thinking of changing my 3sp to a t5. Let me know how messy it really gets. Good luck!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Don't forget you're gonna have to buy the pedal assembly for a 68 as well since you're going from auto to manual trans. Also' do yourself a favor and buy a 93 bellhousing and input shaft and bearing retainer. Tat will help you avoid having to use a plate to get the proper distance for the transmission

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

Oh, also, look at picking up a hydraulic clutch setup over a cable setup. I put one in my car with a t5 and I love it. Modern Driveline makes an awesome kit but I can get youths info for the slave cylinder to save you some money.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man I didn't know I needed another bellhousing. I thought this one would fit just fine, Hmmm back to Craig's list, so input shaft and bearing retainer right? And thanks for the hydraulic clutch idea. I don't mind the cable system but hydraulic does sound nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts