Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get better air flow, plus a tuner( thinking bama) to get even better mpg.

I'm just worried to go with a CAI because unfortunately for the Mach is my DD and winter is coming up... So I'm worried about water puddles... Slush, and of course it would defeat the purpose of my shaker.

What are some of your guys' thoughts?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like it. I really can't tell a difference anymore, but when I first got it I noticed a little more power. My MPG stayed the same, but that could be because I have a lead foot.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mezmer said:
I like it. I really can't tell a difference anymore, but when I first got it I noticed a little more power. My MPG stayed the same, but that could be because I have a lead foot.
Did you have to drill a hole and make adjustments? I was reading issues with that model of how you can't close your hood till you shave a inch off of it? Not totally certain.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Nope, no fab work for me.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Looking to get better air flow, plus a tuner( thinking bama) to get even better mpg.

I'm just worried to go with a CAI because unfortunately for the Mach is my DD and winter is coming up... So I'm worried about water puddles... Slush, and of course it would defeat the purpose of my shaker.

What are some of your guys' thoughts?

MachMan1017,

I highly recommend our JLT CAI for any Mach1, as well. It's a really nice and clean setup that doesn't require any fitment adjustments. Plus, you'll see an even bigger hp/tq gain with a Bama SF3 tuner installed. From what it sounds, you're looking for a no hassel/year round CAI and show noticeable improvements, so I think the JLT CAI is perfect for you!

If you're looking for more info on Bama SF3 tuners or CAI's let me know, I'll be happy to help!

Shane

·
Lorraine's driver
8,197 Posts
How do you like it?
Noticeable gain on hp and mpg?
I have the JLT next gen setup as well. I noticed a difference in response first off. It looks better than the stock setup too.:good:

:idea:Right before you start your CAI kit install, disconnect the battery. Once you have your CAI kit installed and the MAF connected, re-connect the battery. Now you'll be ready to perform the idle re-learn...

Start the car let it idle while the engine gets up to operating temperature, then wait one minute.

Turn the AC to Max for at least one minute, then turn off A/C.

Then go drive the car for about 10 miles.

This allows the ECU to re-learn your idle and fuel trim strategy.

:good:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Azure said:
I have the JLT next gen setup as well. I noticed a difference in response first off. It looks better than the stock setup too.:good:

:idea:Right before you start your CAI kit install, disconnect the battery. Once you have your CAI kit installed and the MAF connected, re-connect the battery. Now you'll be ready to perform the idle re-learn...

Start the car let it idle while the engine gets up to operating temperature, then wait one minute.

Turn the AC to Max for at least one minute, then turn off A/C.

Then go drive the car for about 10 miles.

This allows the ECU to re-learn your idle and fuel trim strategy.

:good:
Awesome to know thanks. But once again I'm worried about doing the CAI intake because I live in Colorado and it gets snowy here and it's my dd... So I think I need to stick with the jlt RAI for now don't you? And the difference in power of a CAI and a RAI I'm not worried about. But is their a significant power increase with the CAI and bama? Rather than the Bama tune and RAI?

I would just hate to suck up water lol.

Plus loosing the functionality of my shaker? Come onnnnnnnnn.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,197 Posts
Awesome to know thanks. But once again I'm worried about doing the CAI intake because I live in Colorado and it gets snowy here and it's my dd... So I think I need to stick with the jlt RAI for now don't you? And the difference in power of a CAI and a RAI I'm not worried about. But is their a significant power increase with the CAI and bama? Rather than the Bama tune and RAI?

I would just hate to suck up water lol.

Plus loosing the functionality of my shaker? Come onnnnnnnnn.
CAI and RAI are equal because the really is no ram air effect until maybe 70+ MPH...

When I bought my Mach, it had the fender JLT CAI setup. I was uncomfortable with that because I use mine as a daily driver too. I decided I wanted keep the functionality of the shaker setup, so I bought the JLT next gen CAI setup (linked above a few posts). The JLT fender setup is supposed to gain more HP, but I didn't care. I wanted to use the shaker and didn't want to filter hanging in the fender. :good:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts