Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i just got my ebay cai today but ran into a problem. it seems that one of the blue rubber pieces is too big to fit anywhere, everything fits perfect but this. and one help please, i really want this on today, thanks
kyle

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm i dunno though, because when i say to big i mean it is quit a bit to big. it is too big around the throtle body i would say a half inch all the way around.

·
Registered
567 Posts
thus what you get for buying crap off ebay. ;)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ummm ok... anyways, i tried to put the clamp around it, but it is waaaay too nig still. can i buy a smaller rubber piece at any auto store around me? thx again for any help.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Pictures would really help out....
Ill lay out my old CAI and take a picture of it later tomorrow, maybe that could help some??

·
Banned
321 Posts
k8338j... I need to know what year your car is... I need a pic of the model of the CAI you bought off of Ebay. Pics of the piece you are having problems with would help too... But I will try to help the best I can without actually seeing your problem... Attacted is a image of a CAI from Ebay... Circled in GREEN is the end that goes onto the throttle body... the wider end... The yellow one is the part that goes between the two tubes...

And... stangin99, a lot of people are using the Ebay CAI and a lot of people have problems understanding how CAI's fit together, not just the Ebay ones... But right on for your helpful input...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes, it is the one that is circled in green. it looks just like it, but when i put it on the throttle body it is much too big, and even if i put clamps on it i do not know if it will stay. my car is a 2002 by the way. thank you very much fo help!

·
Banned
321 Posts
i would just try to install it and clamp it all down... mine didnt seem to fit super snug either... till i got it all tight... hope it all goes well

·
Banned
321 Posts
I think I paid 60 total when I got it, I have looked since then and they are a bit cheaper... Mine is a Bomz Racing.

·
Banned
321 Posts
Not that its hard to install, but if you get one... Ill help ya get it on.

-BACK ON TOPIC-

k8338j - Hows it coming along?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts