Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep i finally ordered the 94-98 Cold air induction kit (e-bay). Its from some newer retailer, supposedly they make a different model for us 94-98ers. Anywho, once i get it installed ill get you all some pics (NOTE:they will be in this thread!!!!!)

Just thought id let you share in my joy. Peace.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK news update...they delayed my shipping till fri (ARRRRGGGG) ANUERISM!!!!!!!!!!!!

tomorrow good friends.

·
Registered
151 Posts
hehe i guess your getting it today? Have fun! its an easy install, good way to get started :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm i have 2 hours left, that truck has gotta come...

WAIT HOLY CRAP THE TRUCK IS HERE I THINK!!!!!!!!!!!
(SUSPENSE) :wtf: :shock:

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
IS IT THERE I CANT SLEEP! they help more on top end but i noticed a nice sound when the IMRCs open at 3 grand compared to with out it, you dont have thsi but shoudl still notice a sound change up top and a deeper sound driving around.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AAAAHHH ITS HERE! INTSTALLED BOOYAH!

PICCIES!

As you can see, i had some trouble attaching to the TB. I ended up custom cutting an exhaust pipe (new) to add length to the top end piece, then used a slighty larger rubber sleeve at an angle to attach. NOTE: it is probably not attached to well. I need some ideas for getting a better fit. RELLIK: I CHECKED H.D. for a better sleeve, and they had nothing like what i had. Can you take some more pics for little old me? thanks.

BTW it whines like a mofo above 2.5, and on the interstate when i let off it sounds like a quite BOV...lol i love it and the throttle response.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Hehehe, thats almost exactakky what I had to do, But I just got a longer coupler for hte MAF/TB pipe.

Oh ####!!! You got a 99+ CAi on your 96!!! I hope you took a look ath te CAI FAQ's to aid you along withthe install :) ;) I'm not the only one anymore who had to make that mod :( :mrgreen:

Looks Great! I hope you have fun with it!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys. I hope it works. BTW, does anyone know how to test for leaks? I think i gained a little power low end, and it sounds WAAAY diff (even on stock exhaust), but im not sure the seals are great. Any ideas? oh...and my next mod= dual mac flowpaths with h pipe (i decided against spintech...they look and sound cheapo)

·
Registered
151 Posts
whats wrong with cheapo???? lol j/k!

anyway, leaks dont really matter, if the leaks are tiny, no rocks and stuff is going to get in there so you are good.

It doesnt matter if you get a little extra air ;)

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
el cheapo said:
anyway, leaks dont really matter, if the leaks are tiny, no rocks and stuff is going to get in there so you are good.

It doesnt matter if you get a little extra air ;)
I'll remember you said that when your gas milage goes to hell :rolleyes: .

Sil\/erSpeed,

The best way to check for leaks, is to open up your hood, and start the car up. Using your hand, rev up your enginge a little. While diong this, your ears are your tools to search for leaks. Leaks are obvious. If you dont think you hear anything, the system is most likely fine. Another say to see if you have any leaks, is to check your gas milage. if your gas milage goes to hell, you proabaly have a leak.

The gas milage method didnt work for me... because I turned into a happy lead foot after the CAI instalation :mrgreen:

·
Registered
151 Posts
The gas milage method didnt work for me... because I turned into a happy lead foot after the CAI instalation

same here, my gas milage is already crap from that. hehe

1 - 20 of 30 Posts