Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting a CAI for my first mod for my 13' GT manual... Airaid vs. BBK vs. Steeda vs. JLT vs. other? Required tunes? Thanks for any thoughts!

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Not to be that guy...but there is already a giant thread about this from like a week or two ago.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, obvious newbie here... You do realize there are thousands of threads on here and the search engine is not quite up to par. So, if you would like to link that thread for me on this one, then great! But there is no need to be "that guy." Thanks.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Here's a link from a few months ago with some shocking data comparing a couple of popular CAI's vs. the stock air box.
http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1106379
It comes down to what you are really looking for. If you are really concerned with power gains you might want to invest your money else ware but if you like the sound and style of a CAI then might I suggest The Steeda CAI. That's what I went with and it looks sharp (I blacked mine out) and sounds awesome! Plus it accommodates my Boss Manifold where my stock air tube did not.

image-1383943250.jpg

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
DirtyDawg said:
Ok, obvious newbie here... You do realize there are thousands of threads on here and the search engine is not quite up to par. So, if you would like to link that thread for me on this one, then great! But there is no need to be "that guy." Thanks.
I have to agree about the search. People can't seen to stay in topic, so you have to read a thousand post to find a simple answer.

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

Thanks for the link primer.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I agree with the previous posters ... just go with the Steeda intake and a good tune and be done with it. I suspect more people switch TO the Steeda intake than FROM the Steeda intake.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
The people have spoken!!

We have a tremendous track record and our quality is top notch. Our Steeda products are manufactured in the U.S.A. by the American worker ... and we are iso 9001:2008 certified ... meaning our products must meet the highest quality.

PM or let me know if I can help answer any further questions or provide forum pricing?

Best Regards,

TJ

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
The people have spoken!!

We have a tremendous track record and our quality is top notch. Our Steeda products are manufactured in the U.S.A. by the American worker ... and we are iso 9001:2008 certified ... meaning our products must meet the highest quality.

PM or let me know if I can help answer any further questions or provide forum pricing?

Best Regards,

TJ
:good:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
I wasn't trying to be a jerk haha. Sorry about that. Was a bad day apparently. I guess I haven't had trouble searching for anything yet. I went MIA or I would a found that thread for ya. Looks like primer got ya covered!

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Wanting a CAI for my first mod for my 13' GT manual... Airaid vs. BBK vs. Steeda vs. JLT vs. other? Required tunes? Thanks for any thoughts!
Your car came with a CAI. And it actually works pretty damn good.

·
Registered
453 Posts
My car actually came with an exhaust system, and it worked fine, too - yet we stick aftermarket exhausts that offer no HP boost ...

Just sayin' ...

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
My car actually came with an exhaust system, and it worked fine, too - yet we stick aftermarket exhausts that offer no HP boost ...

Just sayin' ...
Mine gave me a HP boost. By removing the cats. Just saying.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like the C & L. I've had mine for a couple months. Looks good, sounds good. Going from Bama race tune and stock box to C & L and custom tune picked up 25 RWHP and 28 RWTQ. Not sure how much was tune vs CAI. Also, for the 13 they have the shroud that deflects water from the hood vents away from the element. As far as I know, they are only ones that do.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts