Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to get a CAI, I wouldn't mind paying less for one on eBay but picking the right seller is what I'm looking for. Anyone buy a CAI from eBay and could anyone give me a recommendation on any sellers?

·
Registered
34 Posts
If I could do it over again I would go with the CnL 73mm mass air intake package on ebay for 204$shipped. The MAC looks better then it performes...

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
What is the going Ebay price?

I have a decent plastic setup I will sell, with a nice K&N Extreme
filter on it, "cut to fit" for any year V6

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just bought a CAI kit from eBay for 40 bucks, nice hunk of change to save from the 150+ CAI kits

·
Registered
16 Posts
densecharger...

alot of peeps seem to like that densecharger brand, of cai...costs ?...suppose to have good results and good fit... :) :cool:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Cai's from ebay are good enough for the price you pay. I got my last CAI form ebay for 63 shipped. Procarparts.com is a reputable seller for us, but really you're just looking for year specific sellers. 94-95, 94-98, or 99-04.

Dont get any CAI's that have a span that go over 98-99 (such as 96-01). They're wrong 90% of the time.

Densechargers run about the same price as MAC's and BBK's. Go to www.densecharger.com for more info.

And BTW, This really belongs in bolt ons.... since it's about CAI's ;)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Since we dont' seem to have a bolt-ons, I put it in general v6 tech/miscellaneous.

·
Registered
38 Posts
just make sure you get the right kind. 94-98 CAI's will not fit onto a 99+ stang. so any ad that says 94-04 is rediculous. because usually you have to specify what year you want on a piece of paper so there is always the chance that they can fvck it up like they did to a friend of mine. better off just going to an ad that says 94-98 or 99+

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just ordered mine from Proparts off of ebay. Spent about $53 with shipping. I haven't received it yet so I can't tell you more than that. I will update when I get it. Hopefully it will be here by the end of the week.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I own a BBK CAI myself, and my buddy bought a Ebay CAI.

I installed both, there are minor differences, but non "performance" wise.

Ebay CAI's are cheap and a good buy. Dont spend alot on a CAI.
I only got a BBK cause I got a good deal on ebay. 60 bucks shipped and it even came with the kids MAF. lol.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Smokedya95stang said:
I own a BBK CAI myself, and my buddy bought a Ebay CAI.

I installed both, there are minor differences, but non "performance" wise.

Ebay CAI's are cheap and a good buy. Dont spend alot on a CAI.
I only got a BBK cause I got a good deal on ebay. 60 bucks shipped and it even came with the kids MAF. lol.
Glad to see you dont mind ripping off stupid kids Charles. :D

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yea he did say he got in a accident.

But i thought it was a good buy. Got an extra MAF and a BBK cai for 60 shipped cant beat that.

I could probably sell that maf for a good amount. ill never use it, its just sitting on my shelf of parts.
lol

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
If I could do it again (and I can) I would not put a CAI on a stock 6banger.

I dumped tons of cash into my POS Mustang for no return.

I would have been better off with the stock exhaust, stock 15" wheels, stock, stock, stock and a procharger.

Screw the little bolt on stuff. It doesn't amount to much.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
v6 buildup, not sure, maybe get a 4.2 longblock, polish and port a 99+ upper and lower intake and the stock heads and go with an RGR cam and some forged pistons and rods, then supercharge it!! That baby would be fast, and almost bullit proof!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Yeah, the first total pkg I did for NA
took him from ~115 RWHP to 190 RWHP and
he felt that! (98 5 speed) It was not even
totally done to my NA specs, cuz he was
planning on the SC pretty close after that.

after the SC it hit over 330 RWHP :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Not sure what to think yet!

Well, I just got my CAI from Procarparts.com. The ebay ad advertised a 99-03 CAI with their SKU number. When I opened up my box, the instructions read 94-01. Then I noticed that part number on the outside of the box wasn't the same as on the ad. I've emailed them thinking they may have possibly sent me the wrong part. I'm waiting to hear back from them. I'll update you on what happens.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts