Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put on a CAI. The only other mod that I have gotten to so far is a 2.5" dual Magnaflow exhaust. I was running in the low 16s (I live over a mile high), and now that I put on the CAI I am consistently running high 16s and 17s. I can feel more power through out my whole RPMs but I don't know why my times are so much slower? Any ideas??

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
im gonna guess yorue just not driving as well. I couldnt see a CAI reducing your times.. maybe theres some other circumstance

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
Yea no way a CAI is going to add 1 second to your time

Make sure the CAI is installed correctly and there are no leaks. Other then that it has to be something else causing it

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
I'm gonna bet it's either 1 or a combination of 4 things. 1. you installed the CAI incorrectly and have a vac. leak, 2. it's not a fenderwell CAI and now you're sucking in hotter air, 3. you don't know how to drive your car, or 4. something is wrong with your car. If I sound like a jerk, I mean not to be, but I wouldn't worry, and go back to the track again. If you have a 5-speed, try dumping the clutch at about 2000rpms and if you have an auto, get a 5-speed. Seriously, you'll need a stall convertor for you auto to help launch you car.

·
Registered
574 Posts
97Stallion said:
if you have an auto, get a 5-speed. Seriously, you'll need a stall convertor for you auto to help launch you car.
Yeah. And a stall convertor is ~$700 and will make you faster than a 5-spd. Whereas a 5-spd swap is thousands more.

On topic: What kind of CAI is it?

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Laser02 said:
Yeah. And a stall convertor is ~$700 and will make you faster than a 5-spd. Whereas a 5-spd swap is thousands more.

On topic: What kind of CAI is it?
Nothing, is faster than a 5-speed (manual tranny). It's all in who's shifting. But take a pic and show us what kind of CAI it is.

·
Registered
386 Posts
cai wouldnt slow you down.

Different track conditions and air temps can hurt times alot. Maybe you went to the track on a good day when u ran good times. It happens.

If you want, bring ur stock air intake, run the 1/4 then install the cai, run the 1/4 see what ur times are.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought my CAI from Ebay, just one of the 50 buck ones. I saw on here that they are just as good as a MAC or BBK. The more I thought about my best time, it was on a nice cool March night. This past time I was running in about 90 degree weather. I am thinking that that caused the biggest difference in my times! I was also wondering on my CAI, there are two holes after the MAF. One of the holes is for a vaccum hoes, but does anyone know what the other one is for?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Sharpie said:
I was also wondering on my CAI, there are two holes after the MAF. One of the holes is for a vaccum hoes, but does anyone know what the other one is for?
The other is for an air temp sensor, i know on the 01s that the sensor is in the MAF, when i had mine i just put a vacuum cap over it.,if you have it open right know its drawing in unmetered air from there, and that should be your problem.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
01mineralgrey6 said:
The other is for an air temp sensor, i know on the 01s that the sensor is in the MAF, when i had mine i just put a vacuum cap over it.,if you have it open right know its drawing in unmetered air from there, and that should be your problem.
:yup: get that plugged up man!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts