Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lookin at a new cold air after buyin a 75 mm mass air. Are the intake kits all the same size or do I need to find a size specific?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Why did you buy a 75mm MAF? Was the stock 70mm holding you back? CAI kits only add flash to the engine bay, it will not increase your power or performance in any way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The main reason was for the maf sensor that came on the top of it. Mine was horrible but the new mass air will actually slide over the throttle body.

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
DoubleInfinity said:
Why did you buy a 75mm MAF? Was the stock 70mm holding you back? CAI kits only add flash to the engine bay, it will not increase your power or performance in any way.
Stock is 55mm on the fox body, 70mm came in 94.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have a fox. However the mass air is a 75 from a 4.6 gt. Its a weird setup but my main question is will a cai fit right on to the mass air or are they size specific? All the ones I've seen look like there just one size fits all type thing

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
LX5011 said:
Yes I have a fox. However the mass air is a 75 from a 4.6 gt. Its a weird setup but my main question is will a cai fit right on to the mass air or are they size specific? All the ones I've seen look like there just one size fits all type thing
If its not the 4 bolt flange like mine then a fox cai will work fine for it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah its the 4 bolt, I was told that they make a piece that goes on the flange to connect my filter to at a auto parts store but haven't checked yet

·
Registered
165 Posts
DoubleInfinity said:
True cold air intake can improve, but it's VERY minimal. Really only noticeable when lot of power! I forget the exact numbers but I believe for every 10 degrees colder air engine makes 1% better power.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I always thought it added a few hp to change it. Isn't performance mainly based on air and fuel delivery?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Lethal said:
I have jlt series 3 CAI and act tuner. Made huge difference!
On the 05 and up mustang yea the tuner and CAI does provide a noticeable difference in hp and torque due mostly to the tuner but for us older mustang owners don't see alot of gains just from a CAI

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Kyle94GT302 said:
On the 05 and up mustang yea the tuner and CAI does provide a noticeable difference in hp and torque due mostly to the tuner but for us older mustang owners don't see alot of gains just from a CAI
Sadly very true for us.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts