Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a problem after installing it? Like the car turning off by itself sometimes? I put it on then opened the good rev'd it and then it turned off.. Or sometimes it'll just almost turn off then bring itself back up

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
No, you oil the filter when you clean it. Are all your rubber couplings tight? Is there any holes in the CAI? Like the temp. Sensor hole? Was there anything blocking the inside of the pipes when you installed it?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, you oil the filter when you clean it. Are all your rubber couplings tight? Is there any holes in the CAI? Like the temp. Sensor hole? Was there anything blocking the inside of the pipes when you installed it?
Oh okay the sensor when I put it in I had a hard time hard to make the hole a little bigger so that's probably it. Ill have to cover it with some silicone

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
check your maf..it doesn't take much to damage it
Yeah I know I had placed it on my shelf carefully when I took it off. Made sure not to shake it around or drop it.

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Yeah I know I had placed it on my shelf carefully when I took it off. Made sure not to shake it around or drop it.
But ill check

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
in my f150 i broke mine when i installed the CAI back on the truck lol...that was a $90 life lesson

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd go with buying a variety pack of rubber grommets vs the silicone, gets old or have to replace the sensor (AIT I'm guessing ?) and it can fall in your air intake tube go bad places lol

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd go with buying a variety pack of rubber grommets vs the silicone, gets old or have to replace the sensor (AIT I'm guessing ?) and it can fall in your air intake tube go bad places lol
Lol I fixed it and I have a little fan that spins inside my intake while I'm driving so I'm sure that would cut it up if it did fall in.-. But I fixed the problem it was probably just loose I took it off and tightened everything it runs nicely:p thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lol! No not the electric turbo things it only rotates when the cars pulling in air. It just helps a little on gas

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh.-. Lol **** it:p looks cool:p lmao idc about power right now. I have a sixxer:p just want it to look nice:p

1 - 20 of 29 Posts