Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my stang to get a smog check today. By the way I passed, but I had to take off my BBK cai. The guy told me that if he were to actually start the inspection he would fail me so he was cool and helped me swap in the original, so he's a cool guy and all. But I mean come on a CAI doesn't let someone pass inspection what a load of BS. Oh yeah I have a question does anyone with a cai have a carb number on there cai?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't belive any CAI's have a CARB number but i may be wrong.But you passed,#### i've seen v6's with no cats pass.The car will pass the sniffer but not the visual...But with help of the green it will pass.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
the only CAI kits that come CARB legal are AEM and they dont make shyt for domestics. i had a custom cai on my bird with k&n fipk and i have to take it off every time i go somewhere to fix the dam car cause the ford dealerships or any indy shop will blame a cold air intake for their peoblems(my car dies at stops i took it to ford they said nothing wrong with it, took it to indy shop they tried to tell me the engine was getting too much air and the maf was shutting it down, WHAT A BUNCH OF BS, guess you cant run superchargers in engines nowadays, cam computers)yeah and its a pain in the ass on a 4.6 in a tbird cause i had to make like 4 custom grommets and crap for it cause theres like 4 hoses getting air from the intake.thats why im getting a 99 stang for 3k maybe, v6 though. i heard gt's pull like hell, but if thats true then my freinds bird with a brand new gt engine should run with a gt and i can keep up with it. anyways

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know this thread is old, but....

Mac has a CARB # for their CAI now.

If you have one, call or email them and they will send it to you.

es

1 - 4 of 4 Posts