Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking into making my car louder but as everyone in California knows, the emissions laws are crazy. so i want to hear your guys exhausts from California and see how you guys pass or fail smog! V8 or V6 i want to hear what you guys have done to make your cars louder in California and if you pass smog or not!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have the 13' 5.0. I haven't done much but I have the borla s type catback exhaust.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
austinknoll said:
Hey guys, I'm looking into making my car louder but as everyone in California knows, the emissions laws are crazy. so i want to hear your guys exhausts from California and see how you guys pass or fail smog! V8 or V6 i want to hear what you guys have done to make your cars louder in California and if you pass smog or not!
On my 99 v6 I had offroad hpipe and flow 40's and on my 02 gt had bassani x pipe and borla catback. Passed emissions on both cars

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my 99 v6 I had offroad hpipe and flow 40's and on my 02 gt had bassani x pipe and borla catback. Passed emissions on both cars
and you lived in california when you had the cars?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so how did you pass? did they even look for a catalytic converter?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That must be nice because down here I'm pretty sure they do visual checks on the vehicles.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Venomouz831 said:
You're in southern cal!
Yeah, I would imagine they would be less strict but I seemed to pass with a failing cat. But idk. I'm still trying to decide if I should cut my two rear cats off. I love the rumble it makes for a sixxer and it wouldn't throw a code cause the O2s are before it

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
austinknoll said:
Yeah, I would imagine they would be less strict but I seemed to pass with a failing cat. But idk. I'm still trying to decide if I should cut my two rear cats off. I love the rumble it makes for a sixxer and it wouldn't throw a code cause the O2s are before it
Yea I would also. Is you're cel on?

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah my cel is on but before I went to the smog place I reset the codes to fool the computer. I don't know where would cut off the rear cats for me though

·
Registered
984 Posts
austinknoll said:
I got bbk longtubes with xpipe an magnaflows catback an it screams im at the capital of CA lol

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Terminator said:
I got bbk longtubes with xpipe an magnaflows catback an it screams im at the capital of CA lol
How do you pass?!?!?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts