Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the factory HID headlights on my car and I upgraded to the c/s fascia with the foglights and I'm looking for an HID kit or led bulb kit for the fascia that would match my HID headlights. Anyone have any suggestions or links to something that would work? Would really appreciate it.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,980 Posts
Where did you pick it up from? I know LRS provides fogs in their kits. Pretty much any mustang aftermarket site will have what you need. I just used Stage3motorsports.com recently and their shipping was actually faster than American muscle. (American muscle is great BTW)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DDTCM said:
Where did you pick it up from? I know LRS provides fogs in their kits. Pretty much any mustang aftermarket site will have what you need. I just used Stage3motorsports.com recently and their shipping was actually faster than American muscle. (American muscle is great BTW)
I already have the kit and it came with bulbs but they aren't led or hid so I'm trying to upgrade the bulbs.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Brock23 said:
I already have the kit and it came with bulbs but they aren't led or hid so I'm trying to upgrade the bulbs.
I'd like an answer to this too. I don't want HID but I'd love to change them to LED.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
nosympathy said:
I'd like an answer to this too. I don't want HID but I'd love to change them to LED.
Don't do it it looks terrible, I also have the CS valence and ordered the H11 LEDs white and I was not happy at all... It seems to be the projectors make them look wierd had to put the factory bulbs back in

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
gtstyles2 said:
Don't do it it looks terrible, I also have the CS valence and ordered the H11 LEDs white and I was not happy at all... It seems to be the projectors make them look wierd had to put the factory bulbs back in
Good to know. I don't really need them any brighter. They are brighter than my stock lights. I am hoping to upgrade my lights at some point to something better, and figured I'd do these at the same time if needed.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
nosympathy said:
Good to know. I don't really need them any brighter. They are brighter than my stock lights. I am hoping to upgrade my lights at some point to something better, and figured I'd do these at the same time if needed.
It's not bright at all actually... Doesn't emit anything, just looked bluish and ricey, I would consider 4300k HID but I'm ok with them stock for now

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
gtstyles2 said:
It's not bright at all actually... Doesn't emit anything, just looked bluish and ricey, I would consider 4300k HID but I'm ok with them stock for now
Yeah i don't want them blue tinted. Ive seen that on other cars and absolutely hate it.

I might look into the HID then.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
gtstyles2 said:
Yeah, the 4300k is as white as you can get. I think that looks best.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Brock23 said:
Is anyone satisfies with their aftermarket bulbs?! Lol
The CS fog lights are dimmer than the grill fogs most GTs have stock so HIDs are the best choice... I can't speak from personal experience but I read on other forums that even aftermarket bulbs are no good. I have the stock HIDs so eventually I will get the 4300k kit for the fogs

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anyone have a link to where I can get 4300's that will fit the cs fascia?? And how much of a difference did you guys notice between the stock GT fog lights in the grille and the foglights in the CS fascia? Differences in brightness or coverage or anything?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts