Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating on whether to get a GT California special or a performance pack. I llve the brembos and 3.73 gears on the performance pack but love the spoiler and splitter and seats on the cali. I plan on putting a roush exhaust on either of the cars , tint, and lowering springs. I plan on getting the painy in shadow black. Which should I get?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Do they not offer the performance package with the California special? If not I would go with the performance package and add on the cosmetics that you like about the California special as I would feel much more comfortable adding cosmetic items then swapping gears or brakes. Another benefit is you will retain the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I would get the California Special. It's a nice looking package.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I don't know I would probably take the California Special too. It's easier to add gears and brakes than the cosmetic package on the CS.

·
Banned
275 Posts
I don't know I would probably take the California Special too. It's easier to add gears and brakes than the cosmetic package on the CS.

Ehh...it's much more costly to add brakes and gears actually. The cs isn't much. It's basically a spoiler, grill and some 18 inch rims. The pp is a better value and it's much harder to add on after the fact.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Well you can do gears for 700-800 bucks and you don't have to have the Brembos I like them but they aren't necessary.The California specials look nice and will resale higher down the road.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I'd go with the PP.
You get a lot more for your money and the gears with full warranty.
Get the dealer to add the Performance Front Splitter and Raised Decklid Spoiler- Black.

GT Performance Package $2,495
• Strut-tower Brace
• Larger Radiator
• Unique Chassis Tuning
• Upsized Rear Sway Bar
• Heavy-Duty Front Springs
• K-Brace
• Brembo™ 6-Piston Front Brake Calipers with Larger Rotors(Value: Over $1,000)
• 19 X 9-inch (F) 19” X9.5” (R)Ebony Black-Painted Aluminum Wheels (Summer Tires Only)
• Unique Stability Control, EPAS & ABS Tuning
• 3.73 TORSEN® Rear Axle(5 yr -60K miles Power train Warranty)(Value: Over $1,000)
• Gauge Pack (Oil Pressure and Vacuum)
• Spoiler Delete

California Special Package $1,995
•19-inch Ebony Black Painted Machined-aluminum Wheels
•Black Painted Mirror Caps and Hood Vents
•Ebony Leather/Miko® Suede Seat Inserts with Red Contrast Stitching
•Faux Gas Cap
•Hood and Side Stripes
•Performance Front Splitter
•Premium Carpeted Floor Mats with Red Contrast Stitching
•Raised Decklid Spoiler- Black
•Underhood California Special Strut Tower Brace Bridge
•Unique Black Upper and Lower Grilles, Tri Bar Pony Logo on Upper
•Unique IP Applique Finish wit Unique GT/CS Badge
•Unique Patterned Door inserts with Red Contrast Stitching

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Ehh...it's much more costly to add brakes and gears actually. The cs isn't much. It's basically a spoiler, grill and some 18 inch rims. The pp is a better value and it's much harder to add on after the fact.

This! The cost to get 6 piston brembos, 15" rotors, 3.73s, staggered wheel setup, and tons of other stuff would cost way more later down the road. I went for the performance pack myself and do not regret it. I can add the cosmetics later fairly easy if I wanted.

·
Registered
227 Posts

Are you kidding? Adding gears and brakes alone is $3,000. Adding a spoiler, splitter and seats is way easier and you can purchase the custom parts to taste.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Are you kidding? Adding gears and brakes alone is $3,000. Adding a spoiler, splitter and seats is way easier and you can purchase the custom parts to taste.

3k? Depends on the Brembos I guess. The ones that get put in are more like $1200.

I'd get the GT/CS, I don't touch the interior at all, performance parts are more fun to add/change.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
3k? Depends on the Brembos I guess. The ones that get put in are more like $1200.

I'd get the GT/CS, I don't touch the interior at all, performance parts are more fun to add/change.

+1.. I'd get the GT/CS and add performance parts myself.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I would go performance pack probably but I did test drive this C/S and I really liked it. Never test drove a performance pack. Hard decision. ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461378631.358342.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461378651.898762.jpg ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1461378671.560148.jpg

·
Registered
67 Posts
Speaking value wise, the PP is way better. But I would go with the GTCS just because I love the trim. I've had 3 stangs, a '94 V6, a '98 GT but I've always wanted a GTCS. I was waiting to for the 2015 but I really don't like how the new mustang looks. (Not hating just my POV) So I just got a month ago my '14GTCS and I love it (it still under warranty lol). If you have the opportunity to test drive a PP, do it first and then decide which suits you better.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My opinion on it is that the California pack is for looking good and the performance pack is for going fast but as they say if you are going fast your looking good. anyways the California visual upgrades can easily be done.

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
My opinion on it is that the California pack is for looking good and the performance pack is for going fast but as they say if you are going fast your looking good. anyways the California visual upgrades can easily be done.
Wait, the California Special pack is not fast? Is it a slower version of the 5.0? My father has a 2014 5.0!

Just a near stock 3.7

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I am debating on whether to get a GT California special or a performance pack. I llve the brembos and 3.73 gears on the performance pack but love the spoiler and splitter and seats on the cali. I plan on putting a roush exhaust on either of the cars , tint, and lowering springs. I plan on getting the painy in shadow black. Which should I get?
Are you going to auto x track race this mustang?

Just a near stock 3.7

1 - 20 of 126 Posts