Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
7,653 Posts
I guess I'm a little bit confused. If the new S550 handles so amazing with having an independent rear suspension what exactly is the need for all the upgraded suspension parts for people who are not Auto X track racing? I thought this new Mustang was the cat's meow on handling from a base model

Just a near stock 3.7

·
Registered
3,672 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
It brakes faster...

·
Registered
737 Posts
If the performance pack is not faster than the non performance pack why are people on here saying it's faster

Just a near stock 3.7
The Track Pack or PP has additions that make the car "track ready", or more reliable. A bigger oil pan, oil cooler, finned diff, and Brembo brakes do not make any car go faster.

Shorter gears make any car feel faster, however I've read that 3.73 are not optimal for drag purposes, as they have to shift one more time over 3.31 owners. But I haven't driven both at a strip so I can't say for sure.

·
Registered
23 Posts
They are not faster in a straight line necessarily but at a track it will be faster hp/trq are not the only things determining speed in a car.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It will suck your bank account faster over the non performance pack

Just a near stock 3.7
Well actually there is not that large of a price difference between the two and trying to buy the performance upgrades of the PP pack would cost a lot but with some vinyl wrap, a couple tasteful mods and a little bit of skill you could make a better looking car than the Cali pack and have some extra cash in you pocket. :dance:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I would go for the perofrmance package I'm actually trying to get one I already have everything signed and ready to go the only thing stopping me is if I'm willing to trade in my 14 gtcs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would go for the perofrmance package I'm actually trying to get one I already have everything signed and ready to go the only thing stopping me is if I'm willing to trade in my 14 gtcs.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Mustang Evolution mobile app
you wont regret it trust me!

·
Registered
555 Posts
I traded my 14gt track pack for a s550 GT with pp and I have no regrets !

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

21 - 40 of 126 Posts