Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 126 Posts

Registered
I was looking at getting a 14 GT base w/Track Pack or a 2013 GT Premium when I was looking for mine. I ended up going with the premium and I don't regret it. The 3.73 would be nice but I'm perfectly happy with mine. I have heard that although the Track pack may increase your track capabilities and make it feel quicker, it also seems to drop your MPG moderately. "Why worry about MPG in a muscle car?" - If it is your daily and you're never going to track it, then it might be a factor, albeit not a decisive one. Go with what you like. I added the GT/CS spoiler to my GT and I'm looking at GT/CS rims as well, so there's a lot to be said about personal preference. Go with the one you like better, that makes you feel happiest. You have to live with it everyday, not everyone here!

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Registered
I was looking at getting a 14 GT base w/Track Pack or a 2013 GT Premium when I was looking for mine. I ended up going with the premium and I don't regret it. The 3.73 would be nice but I'm perfectly happy with mine. I have heard that although the Track pack may increase your track capabilities and make it feel quicker, it also seems to drop your MPG moderately. "Why worry about MPG in a muscle car?" - If it is your daily and you're never going to track it, then it might be a factor, albeit not a decisive one. Go with what you like. I added the GT/CS spoiler to my GT and I'm looking at GT/CS rims as well, so there's a lot to be said about personal preference. Go with the one you like better, that makes you feel happiest. You have to live with it everyday, not everyone here!

Another person who gets what I have said in the past. Of course with the PP you have all those cool braging rights when you go to car shows. Who doesn't like braging rights, I know I sure do. 馃憤 Oh wait, I have a 3.7, no cool braging rights there. Darn it!

Great choice on you're 13 GT!

Just a near stock 3.7

Banned
Another person who gets what I have said in the past. Of course with the PP you have all those cool braging rights when you go to car shows. Who doesn't like braging rights, I know I sure do. 馃憤 Oh wait, I have a 3.7, no cool braging rights there. Darn it!

Just a near stock 3.7

For me I just like the look of the pp better. The gauge clusters are really cool too.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

Registered
congrats! the California Specials are great looking cars!

Sent from my Galaxy S7 using Tapatalk

Registered
For me I just like the look of the pp better. The gauge clusters are really cool too.

When you say you like the look of the PP better, I'm assuming you are talking about the Brembo brakes? Or is that not what you are talking about?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the PP and non PP look the same from an exterior and interior standpoint?

Just a near stock 3.7

Registered
When you say you like the look of the PP better, I'm assuming you are talking about the Brembo brakes? Or is that not what you are talking about?

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't the PP and non PP look the same from an exterior and interior standpoint?

Just a near stock 3.7
the wheels would be the only other difference really, besides the front brakes as you mentioned

Registered
the wheels would be the only other difference really, besides the front brakes as you mentioned

Okay, well that makes sense. I did not know that. So from an eye pleasing standpoint the wheels and the Brembo brakes look nicer on the PP. I can see where your coming from and that makes sense on why to take the PP over a non PP for non track users.

Just a near stock 3.7

Registered
I went with the CS with upgrade on the gears versus the PP, I just like the appearance more not planning on running at track.
Good job. I was going to say - Cali Special hands down and upgrade the gears. Nice looking ride!

The California Special is why both me and my husband have one. He fell in love with mine and had to have one tool :dance:

Registered
Good job. I was going to say - Cali Special hands down and upgrade the gears. Nice looking ride!

The California Special is why both me and my husband have one. He fell in love with mine and had to have one tool :dance:
My father's 2014 CS! He is getting the stage 2 Roush blower installed in two weeks.

Just a near stock 3.7

Attachments

Registered

Just a near stock 3.7
Thanks! It's been great so far, no regrets! I never liked how the GT/CS have the front fog lights deleted, so I'm glad I didn't get one. I can see why people like them, though.

Attachments

Registered

Thanks girl, post pics of the two

Registered
Thanks! It's been great so far, no regrets! I never liked how the GT/CS have the front fog lights deleted, so I'm glad I didn't get one. I can see why people like them, though.

If one really likes the fog lights, you are correct, the CS is not for you because they are deleted.

Just a near stock 3.7

Registered
Performance Pack for sure. Just add whatever fun cosmetic mods yourself. Always start with performance and end with polish.

Registered
Performance Pack for sure. Just add whatever fun cosmetic mods yourself. Always start with performance and end with polish.
Maybe yes and maybe no. I say this because depending on how one uses their vehicle. What real more performance aspect is someone going to get from a PP over a non performance pack who does not track race?

Not talking about the looks of the PP but performance wise! For the owner who is not track racing, the polish aspect being the CS is a better option in my opinion. Assuming one likes the wheels of the CS and its other exterior mods.

Unless the CS brakes don't stop the car properly, I'm not really understanding any real performance benefit of the PP over a non PP for non track users.

Just a near stock 3.7

Registered
Maybe yes and maybe no. I say this because depending on how one uses their vehicle. What real more performance aspect is someone going to get from a PP over a non performance pack who does not track race?

Not talking about the looks of the PP but performance wise! For the owner who is not track racing, the polish aspect being the CS is a better option in my opinion. Assuming one likes the wheels of the CS and its other exterior mods.

Unless the CS brakes don't stop the car properly, I'm not really understanding any real performance benefit of the PP over a non PP for non track users.

Just a near stock 3.7
The PP will give you more performance whether you are on the street or track... Just because your car comes with something like shorter gears, doesn't mean you can't benefit from it if you aren't tracking it... The performance pack offers a better feel of the this powerful car...

That's like saying, why put any performance upgrades into your car at all, if you are just going to use it as a daily driver... Or even saying, why buy a GT if your not going to do burnouts or drive the car hard?

You even have LCAs, on a V6 of all things! And you will back that **** to the end of time... yet you don't track your car... cmon man which side are you on??

Ford intentionally renamed the Track Pack to Performance Pack, because of ridiculous forum debates stemming this one guy named Kona Blue...

Registered

Just a near stock 3.7

ImageUploadedByMustang Evolution1462585823.916941.jpg

Registered
The PP will give you more performance whether you are on the street or track... Just because your car comes with something like shorter gears, doesn't mean you can't benefit from it if you aren't tracking it... The performance pack offers a better feel of the this powerful car...

That's like saying, why put any performance upgrades into your car at all, if you are just going to use it as a daily driver... Or even saying, why buy a GT if your not going to do burnouts or drive the car hard?

You even have LCAs, on a V6 of all things! And you will back that **** to the end of time... yet you don't track your car... cmon man which side are you on??

Ford intentionally renamed the Track Pack to Performance Pack, because of ridiculous forum debates stemming this one guy named Kona Blue...
We covered this. The LCA's are to help control the wheel hop when I'm frequently nailing it from an dead stop. So, I have a reason and purpose for it. What does track racing have to do with getting a set of $150 LCA's? The purpose is to control wheel hop and based how I like to drive my pony, mission accomplished. You and I already covered this!

The owner of a non track pac/PP can easily spend the $600 for a gear install with gears. The stock GT suspension handles quite well especially the S550 with the IRS. SMH at the putz's on this site. They grow daily on here.

I'm all for performance upgrades but mine all have a purpose based on how I use the car and want it to sound.

Just a near stock 3.7

Registered
How about everyone just buy what they want. There is no right or wrong choice here.

61 - 80 of 126 Posts