Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to decide how to spend my gift cards that I got for Christmas and I am leaning toward the MGP Caliper Covers. I have a 2012 GT Premium with 19" wheels and I am wondering if I will need the wheel spacers for the install.

Also, at some point in the future, I intend to purchase the Black 2010 GT Premium Wheels - 19" staggered setup and I would like to know if I will need the wheel spacers then.

TIA for the help!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
No worries, you won't need spacers for either wheels! Also, I'm assuming you don't have the Brembo brake package, correct? The caliber covers don't work with the Brembo brakes and since you have factory 19" wheels I just wanted to make sure you didn't have the Brembo factory upgrade!

Let me know if you have anymore questions, too.

Shane

·
Registered
124 Posts
No worries, you won't need spacers for either wheels! Also, I'm assuming you don't have the Brembo brake package, correct? The caliber covers don't work with the Brembo brakes and since you have factory 19" wheels I just wanted to make sure you didn't have the Brembo factory upgrade!

Shane
Hey I have an 06 mustang do you think I need the wheel spacers if I get the caliper covers?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Shane
Thanks for the information Shane! No Brembos here.

Of course, I found out today that I have another gift certificate coming so now I have to rethink everything!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Hey I have an 06 mustang do you think I need the wheel spacers if I get the caliper covers?
You shouldn't need spacers with any factory wheels 17" or larger. It's always good to check and make sure you have 1/8" clearance when installing the caliber covers on any setup, though!

Shane

Thanks for the information Shane! No Brembos here.

Of course, I found out today that I have another gift certificate coming so now I have to rethink everything!
I'm the same way when I figure out there's more money available for the "go fast" fund! Good luck picking something out. Let me know if I can assist you in any way!

Shane

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would just paint them for six dollars man! Caliper covers hold in all that heat from the brakes and the paint honestly looks much better. Spend y'alls money on a better mod for your stangs from AM! I painted mine myself and they look great and I cant spray paint a lick and they look great.

So save your money and get some better mods from AM cause we all know they have them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts