Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title states, what is better and looks better caliper covers or paint your calipers? What is you guys opinions?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Painting them is cheaper. Depends on if you want to spend much or not

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

The covers would look better up close and far away but are kinda pricey. Like he just said they would stay cleaner and easier to clean

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Painted with the duplicolor kit, easy on and last forever with a glossy finish

Attachments

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
sLbxO143 said:
Oh they look good, I am so on the fence of what to do lol. Off subject how are NITTO tires do you like them?
I'm they are good in the summer, winter pure crap, last long, on almost 20k no rotation and the back are almost to there wear markers, I drive hard and race the car

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Also the black caliper covers look good and guy at my gym has em, couldn't tell for the longest time, thought he upgraded the calipers cause he had sloted rotors too, but the red covers look cheesy

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm painting mine in spring, I just don't like the idea of a cover.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Painted Calipers, give the appearance of a quality factory look, as opposed to the covers, that look a cheap add on IMHO, although they are not cheap, and obviously do NOT have a factory appearance.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Also the black caliper covers look good and guy at my gym has em, couldn't tell for the longest time, thought he upgraded the calipers cause he had sloted rotors too, but the red covers look cheesy
So black covers look good opposed to the red? And I want to know how the Nitto motivo ultra season high ones are in the snow because I get bad winters here

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Painting them is easy and cheap. The covers are more pricey. I've always painted mine, it's about an 3 hour job for all calipers and prep work

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Painting them is easy and cheap. The covers are more pricey. I've always painted mine, it's about an 3 hour job for all calipers and prep work
Black or red would look the best I know it's all personal perfence just want some opinions

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
I used duplicolor caliper paint. I'm not sure their might be diff shades. Go to you're local hardware store and browse through their paint

1 - 20 of 30 Posts