Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
same as on my 01 bullitt....

they are great, you will not be disapointed, and they will work wonders with some sorta aftermarket rotor....

ford rotors suck!

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Actually Ford rotors dont suck bad. The problem is they wear fast with the use of High performance pads. The real culprit in pre 99 single disc calipers is they are not up to performance driving. They fade fast. when i am screaming down the closed runway near me I have to coast a ways to loose some speed before I start pumping the brakes or they will heat up really fast and fade out bad.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
you would need 13 in rotors period with any Cobra or Bullitt calipers

Actually the gains in stopping for general drivving will be small but you actually gain weight do to the larger steel Rotors. Unless you are doing Autocross most V6 cars dont require big ass brake calipers and rotors.

I am not saying dont do it just there are better mods that actually give you better performance gain for the money.

But I think Cobra / Bullitt calipers look bad ass

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
all that matters is looks

naw im just playing i will be getting black bullet rims pretty soon so i thought i should upgrade my front brakes while im at it

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
The Cobra Calipers are actually a little less money than the red bullitt ones and I hear easier to get, but like Corey said, the same other than the color basically. I wanted Power Slot front rotors, but I cheaped out and got the ones that came in a kit for a lot less, cross drilled , slotted and not treated for rust, they are ok.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
232stang said:
so which should i get
Why ask us what you want???? They are the same one is red, one is grey

What color do you want!!! That is the question

Are you a libra ??? They cant make their minds up for nothing :confused:

:D ;)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Whichever you like the best! I would check to see if they are backordering the Bullitt ones though, they were putting them on long term backorder not long ago.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i will get the cobra now what i would like to know is if i have to buy these rotors (cross roadz direct)

Powerslot 1994-2003 Cobra Slotted Brake Rotors FRONT (Pair)Price: $239.00

NOTE: Fits 1994-2003 Cobra Mustangs

Venting the gas from super heated brake pads improves overall brake performance. Of the various venting methods, slotting has the clear advantage. Slotting, unlike drilling, is not prone to cracking. Plus drilling delivers considerably less active braking surface - 8% less than Power Slot Rotors. The tapered slot also channels brake dust and heat away from the rotor and pad for improved braking ability. Power Slot Rotors are CNC-machined and come with an anti-corrosion plating that looks great behind custom wheels.
  • FEATURES:
  • CNC Machined
  • Anti-Corrosion Plating
  • Slots Keep Rotor Cooler
  • Slots Keep Rotor Cleaner
  • Improved Wet Braking
This includes both front-left and front-right slotted rotors. Please add the two rear rotors seperately if you want them as well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts