Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts? 04 GT. Basically stock. Has springs, flow masters , missing two cats. This car will be my cruise car. I want a good sounding idle. Think b cam in 5.0. Suggestions?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why stage one as opposed to stage two? My car is five speed and will be getting 3:55 gears next week. This is my first 4.6 car as I was away for six years.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Why stage one as opposed to stage two? My car is five speed and will be getting 3:55 gears next week. This is my first 4.6 car as I was away for six years.
May I ask if u plan on forced induction? If so I would suggest a blower cam when u do so. That way you only have to get it dynoed once. Otherwise I would stick to stage 1 or 2 just depends on how aggressive u want the cam to be but I wouldn't go stage 3 unless u got aftermarket heads I believe there is clearance issues with the factory pi heads and that there would be some necessary modifications ... Someone correct if I'm wrong

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol I love turbo cars. My first stang was 79 pace car that was extremely tricked out. This car though is gonna be my cruiser. Gonna get more stuff like paint and verticals doors than power. I plan on CAI tbody, exhaust, gears, shifter, flywheel and clutch. The cam is because I want it to sound NASTY.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Lol I love turbo cars. My first stang was 79 pace car that was extremely tricked out. This car though is gonna be my cruiser. Gonna get more stuff like paint and verticals doors than power. I plan on CAI tbody, exhaust, gears, shifter, flywheel and clutch. The cam is because I want it to sound NASTY.
Then a stage 1 will be perfect it provides a nice loping idle as well as a bit of power. The stage 2 will do the same but provides a bit more power and I believe requires the use of beehive valve springs.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Im thinking of a stage 1 cam for my car in the future. Can't decide between Comp, Anderson, or Trickflow. Plus with stage one cams do I really need to change out the valve springs, ive heard both yes and no. Not trying to hack your thread but this might help your decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts