Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a high lift cam from RPM-Mustangs (I believe it has about 500 lift) and I was wondering how much would it screw up my computer? How much will the computer self-compensate for the cam and how much work will I have to do to the computer to get it run to run and act normally? Is the extra power worth all the work?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
any cam change will have some effect on the computer after any engine mod like a cam change really requires a custom program tuning unless it is a very mild cam change. I ran with no tune for a few months after my I installed my RPM heads and cam but it was not running great. Really when you go up in injector size you have to get a tune or you will run pig rich

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, so I wanna up the injectors and such, and then the cam as well, so how do I fix the computer so it isnt makin the car run like crap? Do I need to buy one of those computer things I plug into the PCM? But anyway, corey thats a nice car, where did u get those ultra clear headlights?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I got the headlights at http://secure.50resto.com yes you will either need a chip, go to a lic SCT tuner in your area or find someone who is dyno tuning locally

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
hey Corey, thats a bad link i think, would not work for me btw new guy, nice car. :headbang:

EDIT, thanks corey. :D

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks. I really like coreys car. I dont know why, but there is just somethin about it that catches my eye.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah probably...lol I just bought some clear corners for my car off ebay, maybe that will help mine out a lil?

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Probally also cause its clean. No body kit, no big wing. Just classy. 3.8 emblem, clear headlights, clear parking lights, clear foglighs, cobra rs, and dual pipes. :headbang:

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Actually not Cobra R wheels they are 98 Cobra wheels only used in 98. The 5 pointed star is more bowed than the cobra r rim

But I thank you for the nice comments about my car. I owe Paul Greenflash00 for teaching me the fine art of claybar and car detailing

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah corey is right. If they were cobra R's there would be a red R behind the snake on the center of the wheel. I do wanna get the Cobra RR hood that corey has, but I try to keep my car looking somewhat original. I mean V6 mustangs dont come with cobra wheels, but I dont wanna put a body kit on it, no ugly spoiler, just keepin it simple, wheels, tires, lights, maybe tint the windows... But of course none of this matters when you are at the line next to some guy who thinks he is better then you...its what ya got under the hood that no one sees!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh my bad I thought u had an aftermarket cowl induction hood that is taller then stock

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
na he has a stock, someone thought I had a aftermarket also but its stock, the other Charles has a diffrent hod tho, it also looks nice, I really dont like a car with aftermarket things, really when its only a 6 and not a 8. (body kits, big wings, cobra R stuff, Just a nice look like coreys. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts