Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I've been researching, actually right now I'm in the middle of it. For the last few months I've been researching cams and long story short I have found that Hitech cams seem to be the best. They have been proven to add the most hp to stock heads and fully bolt on cars. Stage 2 Hitech cams have been dyno proven to put you up to 300 hp. Now that's pretty highly bolt on cars. Also you don't have to change out the stock valve springs with the stage 2. I'm looking into getting these in my car.

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

I've been researching, actually right now I'm in the middle of it. For the last few months I've been researching cams and long story short I have found that Hitech cams seem to be the best. They have been proven to add the most hp to stock heads and fully bolt on cars. Stage 2 Hitech cams have been dyno proven to put you up to 300 hp. Now that's pretty highly bolt on cars. Also you don't have to change out the stock valve springs with the stage 2. I'm looking into getting these in my car.
Here's a video

http://youtu.be/I2pzrQlwp9g

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can find 25 more peak h.p. with cams but you will loose about the same in low end power 2500 to 3500 rpms, so gears are a must. The real issue for making power with a 2v is the heads. I still think cams are worth it if you do the work.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yea right now im trying to find a good safe way to do mine myself. If I can get that tool that holds the cam gear in placd and just do a swap it sounds to me what im reading I should be golden. Hitech says doesn't really need degreed for the stage 2 but after that it does. I am reading comp cams stage 2 its a must to degree them or you will get ptv.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It's not hard to swap cams. The tool you are talking about is really used to take the tension off the chain so you can remove and re-install the cam gear without removing the timing cover. I like the results for both stage 1 and stage 2 hi-tech cams.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It's not hard to swap cams. The tool you are talking about is really used to take the tension off the chain so you can remove and re-install the cam gear without removing the timing cover. I like the results for both stage 1 and stage 2 hi-tech cams.
If you're going to do the work which would you prefer on a street car

·
Registered
59 Posts
I personally would do stage 1 hi-tech especially if it's a daily driver, get 4.10 tb ,plenum and a good tune Maybe be at 285-290rwhp and still have low end power.

·
Registered
59 Posts
But honestly, there are so many good results with the Hi-tech stage 2 cams. If you like to go to the track get stage 2, if you never go to the track stage 1.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
But honestly, there are so many good results with the Hi-tech stage 2 cams. If you like to go to the track get stage 2, if you never go to the track stage 1.
I have read that hitech stage 2 is really nice. I think i will go with those or MHS cams, heard good things from theres too. Do you know if they need new cam bolts or can the stock ones be reused?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have read that hitech stage 2 is really nice. I think i will go with those or MHS cams, heard good things from theres too. Do you know if they need new cam bolts or can the stock ones be reused?
Are you talking cam gear bolts? I guess it never hurts to replace but I have never heard of a need to do it. I would talk with MHS or Hi-tech before buying to make sure nothing else is needed.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Are you talking cam gear bolts? I guess it never hurts to replace but I have never heard of a need to do it. I would talk with MHS or Hi-tech before buying to make sure nothing else is needed.
Sorry yes cam gear bolts. I ask because comp cams you have to use a different bolt and didnt know if that applied to all new cams.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts