Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this morning came out and started my car and let it warm up. Came out and my check engine light was on. Checked it at work an it said cam position sensor circuit a bank one( don't remember the exact code. Anyway noticed no difference in how my cars running so I cleared it and hasn't come back on yet. Anyone have this happen?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Had it happen once, It kept coming back every week or so, Replaced Cam sensor, no more flashy lights.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
if you need a new one honestly get one from a junkyard for cheap, better than paying for brand new ford one,all the aftermarket ones are made with low grade metal and will not last long at all.. trust me my car ate one of those and put metal shavings all in my oil pan, thankfully there is a screen on the pickup tube, the ford ones may have a problem with the bearing locking up in them but they will not shred like the cheap ones

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I cleared the code and it hasn't come back in two days. Only difference I've noticed is that my fuel mileage sucks. Anyone know where the cam sensor is located?

·
Registered
112 Posts
On my car it was under the coil pack, but since you have a Split port, it should be somewhere right above the water pump and slightly to the left.. I dont have any pictures but it is basically a little circle with a plug plugged into it, and two little screws/bolts

·
Registered
617 Posts
We dont have distributors in our models....cam sensors are pretty cheap at most auto parts.
Yes I know this thus why I said it is basically the same part. I never said 3.8L split ports had it but if you actually have replaced this part like I have it looks just like a distributor without the cap

1 - 8 of 8 Posts