Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 GT Conv. with an Auto in it. The question I have is anyone has any knowledge of the best cams to run in a daily driver, dont mind a rougher idle, have a fairly heavy foot :D . Also I will be getting 4.10 or 4.30 gears and a predator programmer soon, if that helps at all. I have been looking and i see comp and crane both make good cams for the mod however i am leaning toward the comp cams, unless there is something better for the money. Lastly, does the diablosport predator give me the tuning i need for the cam change or would a custom chip have to be done.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
ps-here is a link to the cams i am considering

·
Registered
651 Posts
Funky4.6VERT said:
I have a 2000 GT Conv. with an Auto in it. The question I have is anyone has any knowledge of the best cams to run in a daily driver, dont mind a rougher idle, have a fairly heavy foot :D . Also I will be getting 4.10 or 4.30 gears and a predator programmer soon, if that helps at all. I have been looking and i see comp and crane both make good cams for the mod however i am leaning toward the comp cams, unless there is something better for the money. Lastly, does the diablosport predator give me the tuning i need for the cam change or would a custom chip have to be done.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
ps-here is a link to the cams i am considering
umm just fyi if your rims are cobra r's then they're either 93, 95 or 2k since those were the only years cobra r's were made.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oops

sorry, must be 95 cobra r's.
Thanks!

·
Registered
515 Posts
check out www.modulardepot.com for info on cams, they have a lot of knowledgeable people there. There was also a mag article recently on them, I forget which magazine, either MM&FF or 5.0&SF

·
Registered
19 Posts
whos making cams for the modulars now? I though comp cams had a 2v cam out and maybe X2C had another. who else?

·
Registered
917 Posts
comp makes a big assortment. crane is great at ohv pushrod cams but comp has taken over the "high tech" (ohc/dohc) market moreso than crane and have proven better quality and power.

yes a tune will do great and would be a very sound idea after camming your 2v.

and wheather or not you have a 5spd or auto, 4.30's is where it's at for mod motors. they can handle a lot of gear and would be my first mod if i had a modmotor. i'd stick some 4.56's in there so fast it wouldn't know what hit it.

austin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts